Musee De L' Orangerie, Paris
Musee De L' Orangerie, Paris - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Jardin Tuileries, 75001 Paris, France
Ticket Price: 9 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 272.2K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Musee De L' Orangerie, Paris
Prepare to be enraptured by panoramic Monet masterpieces at the Musee de L’Orangerie. The museum exhibits impressionist and post impressionist paintings that are exhibited in a non-crowded fashion, just as stipulated by Monet himself. The famous Waterlilies is showcased here and so is the superb Walter – Guillaume collection of post impressionist works. The adjoining Tuileries garden is a delight to the eyes and makes for a beautiful stroll. Musee de L’Orangerie is a place that is most definitely ripe for repeat visits.
Spend a stupendous vacation in paris with the best guide 10 Days in Paris Itinerary
Musee De L' Orangerie Information
- English Guided tours of the Nympheas and the Walter-Guillaume Collection every Monday and Thursday at 2.30 pm and every Saturday at 11 am (Rate 6€).
- English guided tour of Tuileries Gardens and Monet's Decor of the Waterlilies and the Walter-Guillaume Collection at 11 am (rate 4.50€).
- For groups, prior booking is mandatory.
Musee De L' Orangerie Ticket Prices
- Reduced rate- € 6.5.
- Free admission for everyone on the first Sunday of each month.
- Musee d'Orsay / Musee de l'Orangerie Passport: € 16.
- This combined ticket is valid for one admission to each museum within a span of four days.
- Monet's Foundation in Giverny / Musee de l'Orangerie Passport: € 17.
How To reach Musee De L' Orangerie by Public Transport
- Nearest Subway: Tuileries (M1), Metro Concorde
Restaurants Near Musee De L' Orangerie
- Cafe Renards
- Restaurant Le Medicis
- Le First
- Le Dali
- La Terrasse de Pomone
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Musee De L' Orangerie, Paris Reviews - Write a Review
Worth it for the Water Lilies alone. 2 for 1 with a Eurostar ticket valid within five days. Went just after opening on a cold December morning and had the place to ourselves. Fantastic.
Monet's water lillies are the most extraordinary set of paintings I have seen anywhere. A must see for any who enjoys Monet or for that matter anyone who enjoys art in general. In addition the museum has a wonderful Renoir, Cezanne, Picasso's and other great artists.
This museum is a small one, but a precious place! It houses Monet's famous Nympheas and allows you to see them exposed the way he planned it to be. It has an interesting story and other paintings from several artists are also exposed downstairs. Make sure you take your time in there.
The Monet Lilies are a once in a life time experience. As a bonus there is a wonderful collection of Renoir. Before entering walk the parks around and see the Place d' Concorde
This was my favorite museum in Paris. The works by Monet were unbelievable, and the entire space was intimate enough to enjoy without feeling overwhelmed or rushed.