Musee Des Arts Et MetiersCurrently Closed
- Address: 60 Rue Reaumur, 75003 Paris, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-0153018200
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Specialty Museums
A museum of industrial design, Musee des Arts et Metiers is a repository of scientific and technical knowledge. It showcases the evolution of mechanical and industrial design through the ages. Founded by Henri Gregoire in 1794, the museum exhibits technological innovations like the very first calculator designed by Pascal for his accountant father and over 2400 such inventions that have made a significant change in the world. Apart from audio guides, the museum also has interesting content that visitors can go through to learn more about the inventions, giving it an authentic feel that goes well with its industrial interior.
- Reduced tariff- 4.50€ ( For jobseekers, students and members of Gaite Lyrique)
- Free for- Under 26 (EU Nationals), age 18 (Non-EU Nationals)
- Pass holders Education
- Friends of the Musee des Arts et Metiers
- Personal CNAM
- Cardholders ICOM AMCSTI, and Permanent Invitation PARIS MUSEUM PASS
- Auditors CNAM
- People with disabilities.
- Accompanying people with disabilities (1 supervisor allowed)
- Accompanying educational workshop (for 10 children)
- Personal (with one accompanying person) Universcience (Palace of Discovery, Cite des Sciences et de l'Industrie), Garden plants (galleries, greenhouses, history and menagerie unit), Museum of Man, Zoological Park of Paris (Vincennes), Musee du Quai Branly, on presentation of professional badge.
- Nearest Subway- Arts et Metiers (M3, M11)
- Le Vertbois
- Grand Des Arts et Metiers
- Le Massara
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.43% of people who visit Paris include Musee Des Arts Et Metiers in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
78.26% of people start their Musee Des Arts Et Metiers visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Musee Des Arts Et Metiers
90.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee Des Arts Et Metiers
Extremely interesting museum, one of the best for mechanical technologies in the world. Comprehensive collection and a great special exhibition. Lacking some more explanations in English, but generally accessible. Highly recommended
Excellent museum for anyone who likes design, science, and engineering. Tons of interesting models and artifacts with good descriptions. It's included in the museum pass. Most information signs were translated to English. They have Foucault's pendulum on display and swinging all day long.
Highly recommended science and technology museum. The main exhibits are signed in English, though the lesser ones, like the hall of gears are signed mostly in French. The exhibits are still intriguing to look at.
Very interesting! First part and last part are the best. For people from the European Union who are under 26 is the entrance for free! Definitely worth visiting.
Very nice museum. And it is muche nicer for people interested on Engineering. I would appreciate more description, history and explanation.