Musee Des Arts Et Metiers, Paris
About Musee Des Arts Et Metiers, Paris
Musee Des Arts Et Metiers, Paris - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 60 Rue Reaumur, 75003 Paris, France
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 10.7K times in trip plans
Museum, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A museum of industrial design, Musee des Arts et Metiers is a repository of scientific and technical knowledge. It showcases the evolution of mechanical and industrial design through the ages. Founded by Henri Gregoire in 1794, the museum exhibits technological innovations like the very first calculator designed by Pascal for his accountant father and over 2400 such inventions that have made a significant change in the world. Apart from audio guides, the museum also has interesting content that visitors can go through to learn more about the inventions, giving it an authentic feel that goes well with its industrial interior.
Musee Des Arts Et Metiers Ticket Prices
- Reduced tariff- 4.50€ ( For jobseekers, students and members of Gaite Lyrique)
- Free for- Under 26 (EU Nationals), age 18 (Non-EU Nationals)
- Pass holders Education
- Friends of the Musee des Arts et Metiers
- Personal CNAM
- Cardholders ICOM AMCSTI, and Permanent Invitation PARIS MUSEUM PASS
- Auditors CNAM
- People with disabilities.
- Accompanying people with disabilities (1 supervisor allowed)
- Accompanying educational workshop (for 10 children)
- Personal (with one accompanying person) Universcience (Palace of Discovery, Cite des Sciences et de l'Industrie), Garden plants (galleries, greenhouses, history and menagerie unit), Museum of Man, Zoological Park of Paris (Vincennes), Musee du Quai Branly, on presentation of professional badge.
How To reach Musee Des Arts Et Metiers by Public Transport
- Nearest Subway- Arts et Metiers (M3, M11)
Restaurants Near Musee Des Arts Et Metiers
- Le Vertbois
- Grand Des Arts et Metiers
- Le Massara
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Musee Des Arts Et Metiers, Paris Reviews - Write a Review
Super cool "machine" museum perfect for those who like to know "how things work." We even got a live demo of airplane wing mechanics from some French engineering students with excellent English. Very quiet and relaxed, uncrowded atmosphere makes it the perfect after-lunch stop or when you're between boisterous touristy sites.
Lovely museum with great exhibits and wonderful large rooms with beautiful cases and ceilings. Really loved this place. The staff were friendly and it was not crowded.
Fab museum, having read other reviews I wasn't sure how much we'd get but there's quite a lot translated into English and the audio guides were interesting too. Some of the newer displays are innovative allowing you to see inside car engines and under some of the earliest motor cars. If the cafe had been open we would have spent all day here but we started flagging after 3.5 hrs! Well worth a visit.
I loved this museum. It is a large space (larger than I expected when I first went in.) It has a great collection. And it is well laid out. If you are into science or engineering, you will enjoy this place. The placards are in French and have a much smaller English description. So it will help if you know French. I didn't try the audio guide, but kinda wished I would have.
Absolutely top notch. Excellent and well presented collection spanning 900 years or so. Easily worth two or three hours. Only negative was the (multiple) security guards talking loudly on their phones, clearly on personal calls.
- Nearby Attractions
- 40 Rue De La Roquette
- 90 Rue Du Commerce
- 5 Rue Montalembert
- 9 Rue Portefoin
- 8 Avenue Mac-mahon
- I Love My Blender
- Hotel Batignolles Villiers Paris
- Hotel Elysees Ceramic
- Apartments Du Louvre
- Paris Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 48 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 72 Hours in Paris
- How to Spend 5 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 6 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 7 Days in Paris