Musee Grevin, Paris
About Musee Grevin, Paris
Musee Grevin, Paris - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 10, boulevard Montmartre, 75009 Paris, France
Ticket Price: 25 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 10.5K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Almost similar to the London’s famous wax museum Madam Tussauds, Paris also came up with its own collection waxwork in the Grevin Museum. This museum was founded in 1882 and since its opening, nearly 500 waxwork figures have been added to its collection. The wax artwork features some of the famous personalities from the fields of entertainment, politics and history. For instance, you can see wax figures of celebrities like George Clooney, Brad Pitt as well as political personalities like Barack Obama. The museum also has a section where wax models are used to depict some famous historical incidents like the fall of the Berlin Wall.
As you enter the museum, the first attraction of the museum is the ‘Hall of Mirrors’ – filled with deforming mirrors on the wall that showcase a unique light show. The next stop is at the ‘Spirit of Paris’ where you get to sit beside the wax figures of famous personalities. In ‘The Champion’ section you get to meet sports celebrities. At the end, ‘The Discovery Tour’ reveals the secrets behind the making of these waxworks. For children, ‘The Children’s World’ puts up fictional characters as well as famous personalities related to the children’s movies.
Musee Grevin Information
- The ticket prices are applicable all the year and are valid for all the Grevin showrooms.
- Pushchairs and bulky luggage should be left in the cloakroom during holiday periods.
- The museum is accessible to wheelchair users.
- Tickets can be purchased online.
Musee Grevin Ticket Prices
- Adults: 24.50€ (EUR)
- Reduced rates for adults (students, families with 3 children or more, job-seeker, the disabled, seniors above 60): 21.50€ (EUR)
- Teenagers: 21.50€ (EUR)
- Reduced rate for teenagers (families with 3 children or more, disabled): 17.50€ (EUR)
- Children (6-14 years): 17.50€ (EUR)
- Reduced rate for children (families with 3 children or more, the disabled): 14.50€ (EUR)
- Children (under 6): Free
Musee Grevin Opening and Closing Hours
- Opening times may vary on different days and seasons.
- Check the official website for the exact time of your visit date.
- Last admission: 1 hour before the closing time
How To reach Musee Grevin by Public Transport
- By Metro: Metro lines- 8 & 9 and get off at Grands Boulevards metro station.
- By Bus: Bus numbers- 20,39, 48, 67, 74, 85
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Musee Grevin, Paris Reviews - Write a Review
It was a good surprise again! I picked to visit this wax museum just because there was a 'bundle ticket' (available online) for Cineaqua and Musée Grévin with a rather attractive discount, and the young one on the journey with us had so determined to visit the Aquarium, like in many other cities. So, it sounds like an 'add-on', right? But then we were thrilled, not once, but many times throughout the visit. It was nice to get to know a little more about French history, in a more leisurely, less conventional and boring way. Even the youngest one in our group enjoyed it so much and absorbed quite a lot about French history that way! There was even a big Little Prince statue which was such a highlight for me! There were also many superstars, posed in different scenes for us to photo with. It was a mix of French and international figures, so no one shall get bored. Unfortunately, due to the Metro delay, we had only nearly two hours to visit this museum, which was far from enough! I would love to take more photos, read more about the production of all those amazing wax statues in details, etc. So, I may visit it again next time! 😉
It is good in terms of attractions, but nothing really different from other wax museums. A lot of celebrities and many important historical French names. The location also is nice, close to restaurants, etc. The downside is for the building, that is not prepared at all for handicapped neither parents with small children (0-2). Also the illumination is very poor to take pictures.
Great place! Would be 5 stars if only some celebrities were more accurate, you have a lot of French famous people from centuries and from the present aside from that the Grévin is a visit you will enjoy at all :) you even have The Voice chairs and scenario to take a couple of funny and great pictures. Lots of places to eat nearby!
Must visit The Musée Grévin now contains some 450 characters arranged in scenes from the history of France and modern life, including a panorama of bloody scenes of the French revolution movie stars, and international figures such as Albert Einstein Obama, Jackie Chen, and many TV and film stars. The tableau of Charlotte Corday murdering Jean Paul Marat includes the actual knife and bathtub used. New wax characters are regularly added to the Museum.
Quite unique from other museums in Paris. Lot many statues and theatre show was nice as well. Must visit
- Nearby Attractions
- Paris Tourist Office
- Le Pain Quotidien Les Halles
- Le Pain Quotidien Victoires
- Hotel Paris - Le Marquis Eiffel
- Eglise Notre-dame
- Rue De Lappe
- Le Petit Château D'eau
- Paris Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 48 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 72 Hours in Paris
- How to Spend 5 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 6 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 7 Days in Paris