Musee Nissim De CamondoCurrently Closed
- Address: 63 Rue Monceau,75008 Paris, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-153890640
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum
Musee Nissim De Camondo - Review
A sumptuous mansion, formerly owned by a banker, Musee Nissim de Camondo is a stately home that is a replica of the Petit Trianon. It houses some of the best period furniture and artworks from all around the world. Built by Moise de Camondo, a wealthy banker, he bequeathed his possessions to honour the death of his son in World War 2. The French state has still maintained the museum as a private home and this gives the visitors a feel of being inside a family house.
Musee Nissim De Camondo Information
- There is no disabled access for second floor.
Musee Nissim De Camondo Ticket Prices
Concession Tickets (6.50€):
- Jobseekers and income support beneficiaries
- Visitors under 26 from U.E
- Only for the Nave, Visitors using a holiday check to buy their tickets.
Entry is free:
- Visitors under 26 from U.E, except for the Nave.
- Disabled visitors and their carers.
- The friends of the Arts Décoratifs.
- Shareholders, active members.
- Benefactors of the Arts Decoratifs.
- Pupils and teachers of the Ecole Camondo and the Ateliers du Carrousel.
- Pupils of the Ecole du Patrimoine.
- Pupils of the Ecole du Louvre, ICOM, AICA, and press cardholders (on presentation of the card).
- Personnel of the Ministry of culture and communication (valid for two people).
- Tour guides from the Musées nationaux and the Caisse nationale des Monuments historiques et des Sites, InterMusées cardholders (on presentation of the card).
How To reach Musee Nissim De Camondo by Public Transport
- Metro train stations: Villiers, Monceau
- Bus: 30, 94, 84
Restaurants Near Musee Nissim De Camondo
- Grand Cafe de la Poste
- Le Bigado
- Restaurant italien
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Musee Nissim De Camondo
4.59% of people who visit Paris include Musee Nissim De Camondo in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
41.3% of people start their Musee Nissim De Camondo visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Musee Nissim De Camondo
86.05% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee Nissim De Camondo
Musee Nissim De Camondo Trips
Musee Nissim De Camondo, Paris Reviews
Well organized, you can really get an insight of how the things worked at that time. It is designed as though the life just stopped there, the tables are set, you can see how the kitchen worked, the upper rooms are arranged the way they used to look back in their day. It's an interesting place to see, to get away from all the crowded museums
A step back in time. The audio is very detailed and takes you back to the origins of the mansion. A must visit!
i very recommend the place. its such a shame that such a generous and patriotic family that gave its country so much; got so little in return and met with a tragic end.
This museum is definitely must see in Paris. Very nice and authentic Villa. Museum located not in the touristic center and that's why has not so many visitors, which is a very big plus! This house has amazing collection of art objects. Interior kept as it was in the beginning of the century.
My host in Paris recommend this place to me. Well preserved. Those furnitures are just amazing. Highly recommended for whose who are interested in 18 century interior decoration and life style.