Palais Galliera, Paris
About Palais Galliera, Paris
Palais Galliera, Paris - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 10 Avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie, Rue de Galliera, 75016 Paris, France
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum, Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Paris being the city of fashion has a lot to offer for visitors who wish to educate themselves about the latest fashion trends. Palais Galliera gives fashion lovers an insight on the evolution of design and fashion. Housed in a 19th century building, this museum focuses on the latest fashion trends and techniques. Its temporary exhibition displays clothing and costumes that depict the history of the French fashion world. The museum also showcases works of iconic French designers. Pay a visit to this museum to know more about this field.
The library section of this museum is accessible only via appointment.
Palais Galliera Information
- The museum is accessible for disabled people.
Palais Galliera Ticket Prices
- Reduced (youth between 18-26, large families, school teachers) - 6€
- Visitors (under 18) – free.
Palais Galliera Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on Monday and certain public holidays.
- Ticket office closes 45 minutes before the closing time.
How To reach Palais Galliera by Public Transport
- Metro 9 (Iena ou Alma-Marceau), Metro 6 (Boissiere)
- RER C (Pont de l'Alma)
- Bus 32, 42, 63, 72, 80, 82, 92
- Velib' 4 rue de Longchamp, 1 rue Bassano, 2 avenue Marceau
- Autolib' 1 avenue Marceau, 33 avenue Pierre-1er-de-Serbie, 24 avenue d'Iena
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palais Galliera, Paris Reviews - Write a Review
An excellent Museum choice to spend a couple hours if you like fashion. Nice building too.
Temporary exhibits in a small but pleasant museum.
Beautiful house, nice Dalida exhibition, good sense of fashion.
I absolutely loved this museum. There were pieces belonging to Marie Antoinette, Josephine Bonaparte, Audrey Hepburn, and more! It is fairly small, but well worth the visit for those who love historical costume and fashion. The only downside for me was a lack of English translation via a guidebook, small placards, or maybe an audio guide. Granted, I know it's France, and they don't have to post other languages, but it really would have made a world of difference when reading (or not reading, haha) about the different pieces. The larger boards when entering each room did have an English side, so I was thankful for that. I guess you can always use Google translate on your phone or just learn French.
Although it is a little bit small, this museum has some amazing pieces of fashion. I would highly recommend for people with an interest in fashion! Make sure to check out the courtyard after as well, perfect for an afternoon picnic!
- Nearby Attractions
- Scream Club
- Pharmacy Archives
- Marché Aux Puces De La Porte De Montreuil
- 22 Rue Des Saules
- 3 Rue De L'abbé De L'Épée
- 5 Rue De La Tour
- Hôtel De Londres Eiffel
- 10 Rue Dauphine
- 9 Rue De Navarin
- Paris Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 48 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 72 Hours in Paris
- How to Spend 5 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 6 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 7 Days in Paris