Palais Garnier12743 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 8 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-171252423
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Architecture , Opera House, Heritage Building
Palais Garnier is a real pleasure to visit; steeped in glorious history and still maintaining a Beaux-Arts feel, the building is nostalgic of a Paris of the past. Splendid to look at, the Palais Garnier is decorated with lavish marble friezes, columns and statues from Greek mythology. The ceremonial staircase is grand, opulent and made of milky white marble. Forming the backdrop of iconic works like The Phantom of the Opera, the theatre is often referred to as Opera Garnier and Opera de Paris. Catch an opera here for an unforgettable experience or just visit this extravagant edifice to feel a part of iconic architecture and history.
Spend a stupendous vacation in paris with the best guide 10 Days in Paris Itinerary
Palais Garnier Travel Tips
- Audio guides are available too.
- It is advisable to check the exceptional closing dates of the Palais Garnier when planning your visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Palais Garnier
- Reduced rate- 6€.
- Students and young people under 25.
- Visitors associated with partnerships with cultural and other institutions (Musée d'Orsay, Musée Gustave Moreau, CNCS Moulins, Musée National Jean-Jacques Henner,, Louvre Family cardholders, SNCF, etc.).
- Opera subscription cardholders or holders of a valid Opera card.
- Free*: Children under 10 (accompanied by an adult paying full rate).
- Disabled visitors and an accompanying person.
- Unemployed, recipients of welfare and other minimum social benefits.
- Pass' Opéra Jeunes cardholders.
- Individual AROP membership cardholders.
- Carte Culture cardholders (1 person and their guest).
- Holders of professional tourism (ex: guides, lecturers, etc.) and French tourist office cards.
- Bibliotheque Nationale de France reader cardholders (access to the reading room of the Bibliotheque–Musée de l’Opera).
- Ecole du Louvre and architecture school students.
How to Reach Palais Garnier
- Metro: Alight at Opera, lines 3,7,8 RER: Auber stop, line A
- Bus: Lines 20, 21, 22, 27, 29, 42, 52, 53, 66, 68, 81, 95
- L’opera Restaurant
- Le Relais Paris Opera
- Cafe de la Paix
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
17.33% of people who visit Paris include Palais Garnier in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.67% of people start their Palais Garnier visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Palais Garnier
90.32% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palais Garnier
The most famous Opera house in the world. Spectacular monument with gilded marble and lavish decor. Landmark named after its architect Charles Garnier. The Napoleon Ill style of architecture that was later an inspiration for many Opera houses around the world. Built for Opera performances now is mostly used for ballet, where best performers grace its stage. 1,5 English language tour, very relaxing and enjoyable walk through history of the most famous Opera house in the World. ‘Phantom of the Opera’ musical famous all around the world inspired by Opera Garnier paid tribute to this iconic testament by featuring phantom who lives in Paris Opera. I watched this fabulous show 3 times unfortunately not in Paris Opera. Opera Garnier is glorious architectural masterpiece, timeless French legacy.
We visited during the day to explore and admire the inside of the building. There are guided tours and audio tours available but we chose to wander at our own pace instead. The grand staircase and grand foyer are both stunning and it's definitely worth attending to view them. Sadly, the auditorium was closed due to technical issues so we didn't get to see that.
The most beautiful building (in my opinion) of Paris. Has an amazing story of the phantom of the opera and it’s just breath taking. It have some free plays every week open to the public. If you like this, you will enjoy it very much.
An AMAZING architectural wonder. The entire building is like a piece of art. It cost around 12€ to take a self guided tour but it's well worth the cost! The terrace and the main salon are stunning and equally so the main opera center. As a craftsman myself I can only begin to imagine the time and skill put into creating this monumental building.
This is the magic opera you always want to come back. Visited Cinderella operetta and was totally amazed by dance, actors work and proficiency. I am totally in love with Paris Opera ♥️