Palais GarnierCurrently Closed
- Address: 8 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-171252423
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Architecture , Opera House, Heritage Building
Palais Garnier is a real pleasure to visit; steeped in glorious history and still maintaining a Beaux-Arts feel, the building is nostalgic of a Paris of the past. Splendid to look at, the Palais Garnier is decorated with lavish marble friezes, columns and statues from Greek mythology. The ceremonial staircase is grand, opulent and made of milky white marble. Forming the backdrop of iconic works like The Phantom of the Opera, the theatre is often referred to as Opera Garnier and Opera de Paris. Catch an opera here for an unforgettable experience or just visit this extravagant edifice to feel a part of iconic architecture and history.
Spend a stupendous vacation in paris with the best guide 10 Days in Paris Itinerary
- Audio guides are available too.
- It is advisable to check the exceptional closing dates of the Palais Garnier when planning your visit.
- Reduced rate- 6€.
- Students and young people under 25.
- Visitors associated with partnerships with cultural and other institutions (Musée d'Orsay, Musée Gustave Moreau, CNCS Moulins, Musée National Jean-Jacques Henner,, Louvre Family cardholders, SNCF, etc.).
- Opera subscription cardholders or holders of a valid Opera card.
- Free*: Children under 10 (accompanied by an adult paying full rate).
- Disabled visitors and an accompanying person.
- Unemployed, recipients of welfare and other minimum social benefits.
- Pass' Opéra Jeunes cardholders.
- Individual AROP membership cardholders.
- Carte Culture cardholders (1 person and their guest).
- Holders of professional tourism (ex: guides, lecturers, etc.) and French tourist office cards.
- Bibliotheque Nationale de France reader cardholders (access to the reading room of the Bibliotheque–Musée de l’Opera).
- Ecole du Louvre and architecture school students.
- Metro: Alight at Opera, lines 3,7,8 RER: Auber stop, line A
- Bus: Lines 20, 21, 22, 27, 29, 42, 52, 53, 66, 68, 81, 95
- L’opera Restaurant
- Le Relais Paris Opera
- Cafe de la Paix
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.54% of people who visit Paris include Palais Garnier in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
49.46% of people start their Palais Garnier visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Palais Garnier
91.09% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palais Garnier
Could there be a more beautiful building in Paris? Incredible interior and gorgeous theatre. Book a box seating if you can to ensure best view and comfortable seating. I walked around everywhere for half an hour before the ballet started. A must.
Incredible architecture. Foyer was same style as Hall of Mirrors at Versailles but much more elaborate. I highly recommend a tour of this opera House. Also your the immediate area when you are there. Great stores in close proximity.
Not all the tourism guides list this place as a must see!! This is a must must see! The sophisticated look this building has is amazing! You can sit for hours inside and you will still find something new to see. The different types of marbles that form the combination of colors deserve alone the visit. If a pretty woman wants to look gorgeous should only wear a gown and go there with a normal camera and get the fantastic fancy looks if a princess. I recommend the audio guide. It could turn your sight to things you wouldn’t find out on your own. No crowd, no stress and a wonderful experience. Look for the golden room (in the photos)
Rich in history. I was surprised of its rich hx esp the ceiling that you would only think a bunch of squiggly design. I recommend the inside guided tour. It’s a must see/do! Love this Palais! 💜 I sat & looked around in the Opera area & just breathtaking.
Access to the main room is not always possible due to repetitions or miscellaneous events preparation. But there are several beautiful parts of the Palais that must not be missed. For those who like taking nice pictures be prepared for high luminosity lighting systems. For the richest ones there is a restaurant on the left of the building. Lowest seat prices is about 10 Eur but with some restrictions ...