Tours for Palais Garnier
About Palais Garnier, Paris
Palais Garnier is a real pleasure to visit; steeped in glorious history and still maintaining a Beaux-Arts feel, the building is nostalgic of a Paris of the past. Splendid to look at, the Palais Garnier is decorated with lavish marble friezes, columns and statues from Greek mythology. The ceremonial staircase is grand, opulent and made of milky white marble. Forming the backdrop of iconic works like The Phantom of the Opera, the theatre is often referred to as Opera Garnier and Opera de Paris. Catch an opera here for an unforgettable experience or just visit this extravagant edifice to feel a part of iconic architecture and history.
Spend a stupendous vacation in paris with the best guide 10 Days in Paris Itinerary
Palais Garnier Information
- Audio guides are available too.
- It is advisable to check the exceptional closing dates of the Palais Garnier when planning your visit.
Palais Garnier Tickets Prices
- Reduced rate- 6€.
- Students and young people under 25.
- Visitors associated with partnerships with cultural and other institutions (Musée d'Orsay, Musée Gustave Moreau, CNCS Moulins, Musée National Jean-Jacques Henner,, Louvre Family cardholders, SNCF, etc.).
- Opera subscription cardholders or holders of a valid Opera card.
- Free*: Children under 10 (accompanied by an adult paying full rate).
- Disabled visitors and an accompanying person.
- Unemployed, recipients of welfare and other minimum social benefits.
- Pass' Opéra Jeunes cardholders.
- Individual AROP membership cardholders.
- Carte Culture cardholders (1 person and their guest).
- Holders of professional tourism (ex: guides, lecturers, etc.) and French tourist office cards.
- Bibliotheque Nationale de France reader cardholders (access to the reading room of the Bibliotheque–Musée de l’Opera).
- Ecole du Louvre and architecture school students.
How To Get To Palais Garnier by Public Transport
- Metro: Alight at Opera, lines 3,7,8 RER: Auber stop, line A
- Bus: Lines 20, 21, 22, 27, 29, 42, 52, 53, 66, 68, 81, 95
Restaurants Near Palais Garnier
- L’opera Restaurant
- Le Relais Paris Opera
- Cafe de la Paix
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 8 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 105.3K times in trip plans
Entertainment, Architecture , Opera House, Heritage Building
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Palais Garnier Tickets And Tours
Enjoy an unforgettable day in the French capital on this luxury day trip from London to Paris, with an included Champagne lunch at the Eiffel Tower! Travel on Eurostar from St Pancras International and enjoy a panoramic sightseeing tour taking in Paris’ top sights, including the Champs-Élysées and Arc de Triomphe. Sip Champagne before a delicious 2-course lunch on the Eiffel Tower and enjoy a cruise along the Seine past Notre Dame Cathedral. Then, choose to visit the Louvre (own expense) or enjoy free time to explore or shop independently.
Experience top Paris and Versailles attractions on this full-day guided tour from London! After your 2.5-hour train journey, relax on a comfortable coach for a sightseeing tour of Paris. Encounter world-renowned gems including the Champs-ElysÃ©es, the Arc de Triomphe, the Paris Opera and Trocadero. Then, climb up the Eiffel Tower for sweeping views that will take your breath away. After, head to the famous Palace of Versailles. Take an audio-guided tour of the stunning palace before strolling through the magnificent Gardens of Versailles and admiring the lush scenery.
Take this small group morning or afternoon tour to combine an overview of Paris' famous monuments, squares and buildings with some leisure time in Paris' most bohemian quarter, Montmartre. You'll be picked up and dropped off at your centrally located Paris hotel by air-conditioned minivan, which holds a maximum of only eight passengers and ensures you'll receive individual attention from your expert tour guide.
It’s no wonder they call it the City of Lights — Paris is especially enchanting in the evening. On this illuminations tour, admire top Paris attractions from two perspectives, starting with a lamp-lit cruise along the Seine past the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame. Then take a nighttime city tour to see the Champs-Elysées, l’Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, Les Invalides, Place de la Concorde, the Grand Palais, Rue de Rivoli and much more (itinerary is reversed in the winter). Choose a standard coach tour or small-group minivan tour for a more personalized experience.
Share your experience - Rate Palais Garnier, Paris
We spent two weeks traveling through Europe and visiting all kinds of sites -- both modern and historical -- and Palais Garnier (the Paris Opera House) was our favorite. If you visit here, definitely sign up for a guided tour! The tour includes the orchestra section of the auditorium; you sir in the front orchestra while the tour guide speaks of that part of the tour. In contrast, if you do the self-guided tour, you can see the auditorium only from the Box level (two viewing boxes on either side of the auditorium, and the boxes are very crowded). If you do a self-guided tour, then get the audio headsets that help provide the history of the building and the individual rooms and their contents.
Stunning is the only word that comes to mind! The architecture and style will simply blow your mind, not to mention how immaculately preserved it is. The Opera house is still functional so maybe that helps in its upkeep and maintenance. The main staircase is art itself. Every corner of this magical place is a sight to behold. Definitely a must visit.
The magnificient "Opera Garnier" is within walking distance of major shopping area.The architecture and style is simply breathtaking.... The Opera house is still functional...Such a beautiful building, great architecture and fascinating inside decoration.We really enjoyed our visit . Plan to spend 2-3 hours. Sit on the steps outside, drink your coke and watch the folks from all over the world :)
What an amazing, beautiful place, well worth a visit! We would have liked to have gone on the guided tour, but this was fully booked; so book ahead of you can. Fortunately the audio guide was good.
Another must-see Parisian wonder. The entry staircase is awesome. We especially loved the Chagall painting on the theater ceiling.
- Nearby Attractions
- Pont Alexandre Iii
- Rodin Museum
- Champs Elysees
- Towers Of Notre Dame Cathedral
- Saint Germain Des Pres
- Ile De La Cite
- Army Museum
- Ile Saint-louis
- Pere-Lachaise Cemetery
- Hotels Near Palais Garnier
- Hotels Near Palais Garnier
- 5 Star Hotels Near Palais Garnier
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Palais Garnier
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Palais Garnier
- Budget Hotels Near Palais Garnier
- Cheap Hotels Near Palais Garnier
- Luxury Hotels Near Palais Garnier
- Paris Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Paris
- 2 Days in Paris
- 3 Days in Paris
- 4 Days in Paris
- 5 Days in Paris
- 6 Days in Paris
- 7 Days in Paris