Pere-lachaise Cemetery3025 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 16 Rue du Repos, 75020 Paris, France
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-155258210
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cemetery
Père Lachaise Cemetery, one of the most visited tourist attractions in Paris, is home to many large and elaborately decorated tombs. It covers an area of around 110 acres and is lined with trees. Some of the famous burial sites include Oscar Wilde, Jim Morrison, and Maria Callas. Influence of the English parks can be seen clearly along with meditation spaces that attract many. It is one of the few older cemeteries that are still in use. Guided tours are available but are organized only on some days every week.
Pere-lachaise Cemetery Travel Tips
- It’s better to download a map of the cemetery before you visit the site. Or you can take a picture of the static map at the entrance.
- Wear comfortable shoes for your visit as the path is uneven.
How to Reach Pere-lachaise Cemetery
- Nearest Metro: Phillipe Auguste. To reach the cemetery, Metro line 3 is the most convenient, alight at Pere Lachaise or Gambetta.
- La Maison d’Italie
- Chrono Pizza
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.03% of people who visit Paris include Pere-lachaise Cemetery in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
36.8% of people start their Pere-lachaise Cemetery visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Pere-lachaise Cemetery
93.26% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pere-lachaise Cemetery