Place VendomeCurrently Open [Closes at 08:30 pm]
- Address: Place Vendome, 75007 Paris, France
- Timings: 09:30 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-144423877
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Walking Area, Shopping Center, Family And Kids
Place Vendome is a square in the first province of Paris, France, placed to the north of the Tuileries Gardens and east of the Eglise de la Madeleine. It is the beginning stage of the Rue de la Paix. Its customary structural planning by Jules Hardouin Mansart and decorated screens canted over the corners give the rectangular Place Vendôme the part of an octagon.
The definitive Vendome Column at the middle of the square was raised by Napoleon I to celebrate the combat of Austerlitz. However, it was torn down on 16 May 1871, by declaration of the Paris Commune, and consequently re-raised and remains an unmistakable characteristic on the square today. At the focal point of the square's long sides, Hardouin Mansart's extend of Corinthian pilasters were built under a pediment, to make royal residence like fronts. The arcading of the formally rusticated ground floors does not furnish an arcaded way as at Place des Vosges. The compositional interfacing of the windows from one story to the following, and the expanding curve of their window arches.
- It's a really beautiful square especially early morning,
- It altogether furnishes an upward spring to the horizontals shape flanked by ranks of windows.
- Basically the square was open by a solitary road and safeguarded a distinguished calm, aside from the twelve-month reasonable build.
- Place Vendome
- La Patricia
- La Carter
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.8% of people who visit Paris include Place Vendome in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
30.56% of people start their Place Vendome visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Place Vendome
82.86% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Place Vendome