Sacre Coeur MontmartreCurrently Open
- Address: 35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre, 75018 Paris, France
- Timings: 06:00 am - 10:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-153418900
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Landmark
The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris, usually regarded as the Sacre-Coeur Basilica, is a Roman Catholic God's house and minor basilica, committed to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in Paris, France. A famous milestone, the basilica is placed at the summit of the butte Montmartre, the most astounding focus in the city. The Sacre-Coeur is a twofold landmark, political and social, both a national repentance for the assumed overabundances of the Second Empire, and communist Paris Commune of 1871.
It delegated its generally defiant neighborhood, and an encapsulation of moderate ethical request, openly devoted to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It was progressively in vogue as a vision of a cherishing and thoughtful Christ.The Sacré-Cœur Basilica was planned and designed outlined by Paul Abadie. Development started in 1875 and was finalized in 1914. It was sanctified after the finish of World War I in 1919.
Sacre Coeur Montmartre Travel Tips
- The Bell Tower is not open to visitors.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sacre Coeur Montmartre
- Basilica dome: €5, only cash accepted.
Sacre Coeur Montmartre Hours
Access to the Dome and Crypt:
- May to September: 8:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- October to April: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
These times are subject to change and can vary according to the weather.
How to Reach Sacre Coeur Montmartre
- Jules Joffrin + Montmartrobus (stop "place du Tertre")
- Pigalle + Montmartrobus (stop "Norvins")
- Anvers - Abbesses + Funiculaire; Bus No: 30, 31, 80, 85
- Le Hide
- Le Pantruche
- Coq Rico
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.8% of people who visit Paris include Sacre Coeur Montmartre in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
35.49% of people start their Sacre Coeur Montmartre visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sacre Coeur Montmartre
88.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sacre Coeur Montmartre