Saint Etienne Du MontCurrently Closed
- Address: Place Ste. Genevieve, Paris, France
- Timings: 08:45 am - 07:45 pm Details
- Phone: +33-143541179
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Paris is filled with cathedrals and churches. Some of the important ones are Notre Dame and Sainte-Chapelle. Among the crowd of world renowned cathedrals, Saint Etienne du Mont has managed to grab the limelight. It is the brilliance of its architecture that keeps its visitors in awe of it. This beautiful building was built between 1492 and 1655. This gothic and renaissance styled church still houses the rood screen that dates back to 1535. Check out the stones from St-Geneviève’s sarcophagus that are held in the intricate shrine at the church.
Some of the highlighted features of this church are:
- The ornate tomb of Ste Genevieve.
- The tomb of Jean Racine and Blaise Pascal.
- The oldest pipe organ case (made in 1631)
- A baroque pulpit
- Series of stained glass windows that dates back to the 16th century.
- Visitors are not allowed to wander around the church during times of worship.
- Entry is free.
- For guided tour timings, mass timings and church opening hours during school holidays – visit the official website.
- By metro: Cardinal Lemoine or Luxembourg
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.41% of people who visit Paris include Saint Etienne Du Mont in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
42.86% of people start their Saint Etienne Du Mont visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Saint Etienne Du Mont
66.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Saint Etienne Du Mont
Beautiful church in a very marvelous neighborhood in Paris. Really enjoyed my time here and in the area. Check when you are going though because it can be closed, but the outside is a worthy sight on its own.
Beautiful peaceful church that is awe inspiring. Sit and enjoy the architecture and the silence.
Very nice church & shrine located very close to the Panthéon and free to enter, so well worth dropping into and having a look around.
Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery
My favorite church ever. So much light... The wall are so clear, this fact makes it one of the most rare and unique churches.