Saint Sulpice, Paris
About Saint Sulpice, Paris
Saint Sulpice, Paris - Address, Phone Number
Address: 2 Rue Palatine, 75006 Paris, France
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
Added 12K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
What will you find besides the avant garde Versace and Sonia Rykiel boutiques at this eclectic neighbourhood? A church of course. And not just any church, the Saint Sulpice church is this mammoth and gorgeous building, only a little smaller than it’s more famous cousin Notre Dame, made famous in the novel Da Vinci Code. The church is known for its massive Cavaille-Coll organ that is perhaps the most impressive instrument of the romantic French symphonic era and is as big as its tradition of hosting talented organists. The organ has the most unparalleled acoustics and sounds that stir every string of your heart. Also, don’t forget to look out Eugene Delacroix murals, namely Jacob wrestling with the Angel.
Saint Sulpice Information
- The Organ is played at Sunday mass.
- Free tours of the church are organised on the weekends.
Saint Sulpice Opening and Closing Hours
- Saturday (early Sunday Mass) at 18.45pm.
- Sunday: 7:00am (2 rue Garanciere); 9:00am; 11:00am; 6:45pm.
- Weekdays: 7:00am (2 rue Garanciere); 9:00am; 12:05pm; 6:45pm.
How To reach Saint Sulpice by Public Transport
- Nearest Subway: Saint Sulpice (M4), Mabillon (M10)
Restaurants Near Saint Sulpice
- Boucherie Rouliere
- Pouic Pouic
- Restaurant le Monteverdi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
Saint Sulpice, Paris Reviews - Write a Review
Noted as one of the largest churches in Paris, this is a must visit while in St Germain. Two towers and a beautiful fountain frame the outside. Inside, there is a subdued opulence and aged beauty that many will enjoy while walking around.
Less known than the Notre Dame (despite being featured in the Da Vinci Code), but IMO equally astonishing. Incredibly large, beautiful artwork and not overcrowded with tourists
The Rose Line in Da Vinci Code, you will find in this chapel
Cool church known for its organ among non-religious travelers. I'd been here before I'd seen this, but have since learned Rick Steves had this featured in his video about Paris. It's also right next to one of my favorite bakeries in Paris.
I stumbled across this church after visiting the Luxembourg Gardens and it absolutely blew my mind. The structure's size is absolutely incredible. Inside the various alters have such beautiful artwork and it's a wonderful place to pray.
- Nearby Attractions
- Théâtre National De Chaillot
- Hotel Mercure Paris Opera Garnier
- Best Western Hotel Tour Eiffel Invalides
- Brasserie Printemps
- La Gourmandise
- Bateau Simpatico
- Fountain Of The Four Seasons
- Funiculaire - Gare Haute
- Piscine Josephine Baker
- Hotel Novotel Paris Centre Bercy
- Paris Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 48 Hours in Paris
- What to See in 72 Hours in Paris
- How to Spend 5 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 6 Days in Paris
- How to Spend 7 Days in Paris