The Palais RoyalCurrently Open
- Address: 8 Rue de Montpensier, 75001 Paris, France
- Timings: 07:00 am - 09:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-147039216
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Walking Area, Palace, Architecture
Built for the man who was arguably the world’s first Prime Minister,Cardinal Richelieu, The Palais-Royal came to be known over the years for it’s beautiful ornamental gardens, court-gatherings, and the best of Paris high society parties. In the late 16th century, the gardens and surrounding structures of the Palais-Royal opened to all members of the public quickly establishing boutiques, cafes, salons, hair salons, bookshops, museums, countless refreshment kiosks, becoming one of the most important marketplaces in Paris. There was even a public theatre. Today the palace houses Conseil d'Etat, the Constitutional Council, and the Ministry of Culture. You may enjoy a walk around the beautiful courtyard and garden, full of trees, ponds, statues and fountains, occaionally popping into some unique boutiques. Health nuts come here early in the morning to jog and warm up.
Spending some time in The Palais Royal is a great way to peek into the history of France. You don’t have to Buy Tickets for The Palais Royal as the entrance to the outside area is free of cost. With no hassle of buying Tickets for The Palais Royal, the place is easy to explore whenever you want. If you want to know more about it, just go for its guided tours. The Palais Royal Tours Ticket Price may vary for different tours, but with myriad of opportunities to indulge into, you don’t have to think much before saying yes for one. A highly recommended option for first time visitors who can Book Tickets for The Palais Royal Tours and explore the place to their heart’s content.
The Palais Royal Travel Tips
- Be sure to check out the eclectic boutiques here.
- Joggers like to run about the park.
- This is a really good place to unwind after a long day of touristing.
- You can buy a Legion Of Honour pin here.
- Only the courtyard and gallery are open to the public. The actual palace is not.
The Palais Royal Hours
- Last entry is 30 minutes before closing time.
How to Reach The Palais Royal
- Metro: lines 1(Yellow), 7(Pink)
- Bus: lines 21, 27, 39, 48, 69, 72, 81, 95 and Balabus
- Cafe Marly (French, Expensive, Casual)
- Cafe Ruc (French, Expensive, Dressy)
- Higuma (Japanese, Inexpensive, Casual)
- Takara (Japanese, Moderately expensive, Casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Paris before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paris and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.9% of people who visit Paris include The Palais Royal in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
42.86% of people start their The Palais Royal visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see The Palais Royal
70.97% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Palais Royal