Battistero Parma465 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazza del Duomo, Parma, 43100, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:45 pm Details
- Phone: +39- 0521235886
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Overshadowing the cathedral of Parma, this pink-colored stone baptistery in octagonal shape cannot ignore your attention. Popularly known as Battistero (in Italina), it is situated on the south side of the piazza. Taking a closure look to the baptistery will show that the architectural design has a mixture of Romanesque and Gothic style. Its highlighting feature is the artwork done by sculptor Benedetto Antelami. Don’t forget to see the 16 arches, painted with elaborate paintwork. When you step inside, look up to the dome ceiling which has a unique umbrella structure.
Battistero Parma Travel Tips
- Make sure you are decently dressed when you visit the edifice.
Entrance Ticket Details For Battistero Parma
- For senior (over 65years), groups : 4€
- For school students : 1€
How to Reach Battistero Parma
- Bus no.s- 1,2, 2N, 15, 23 and get off at TeatroRegio.
- Cardinal Bar
- Ristorante La Forchetta
- La Filoma
- RistoranteAngiol D'Or
- Borgo 20 BistrotContemporaneo – Caffetteria
- Ristorante Pizzeria Al Corsaro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Parma before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Parma and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.79% of people who visit Parma include Battistero Parma in their plan
43.45% of people start their Battistero Parma visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Battistero Parma
58.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Battistero Parma