Cattedrale Di Parma567 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazza del Duomo, Parma, 43100, Italy
- Timings: 07:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0521235886
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Probably a basilica might have existed on the same site back in 6th century, but was abandoned later on. In 1106, the sight was turned to a cathedral, popularly known as Parma Cathedral. It is perhaps the most important Italian Romanesque cathedral, decorated by Illusionistic fresco by Antonio da Correggio. In the interior of the cathedral, you can see a Latin cross plan, with a nave and 2 aisles divided by pilasters. The main feature to look out is the famous artwork named Assumption by the famous artist Corregio, placed in the center cupola.
Cattedrale Di Parma Travel Tips
- Be decently dressed when you visit the Duomo.
- Check the schedule before you arrive to the Duomo.
- Prefer to travel in public transport to reach your destination.
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Cattedrale Di Parma
- Bus no.s – 1, 2, 2N, 15, 23 and get off at TeatroRegio bus stop. From there, it takes 3 minutes to reach the place by foot.
- Cardinal Bar
- Ristorante La Forchetta
- La Filoma
- RistoranteAngiol D'Or
- Borgo 20 BistrotContemporaneo – Caffetteria
- Ristorante Pizzeria Al Corsaro
- Just Jerry
- K2 Gelateria
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Parma before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Parma and book an accommodation of your choice.
74.7% of people who visit Parma include Cattedrale Di Parma in their plan
73.25% of people start their Cattedrale Di Parma visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cattedrale Di Parma
73.08% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cattedrale Di Parma