Cattedrale Di ParmaCurrently Closed
- Address: Piazza del Duomo, Parma, 43100, Italy
- Timings: 07:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0521235886
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Cattedrale Di Parma - Review
Probably a basilica might have existed on the same site back in 6th century, but was abandoned later on. In 1106, the sight was turned to a cathedral, popularly known as Parma Cathedral. It is perhaps the most important Italian Romanesque cathedral, decorated by Illusionistic fresco by Antonio da Correggio. In the interior of the cathedral, you can see a Latin cross plan, with a nave and 2 aisles divided by pilasters. The main feature to look out is the famous artwork named Assumption by the famous artist Corregio, placed in the center cupola.
Cattedrale Di Parma Information
- Be decently dressed when you visit the Duomo.
- Check the schedule before you arrive to the Duomo.
- Prefer to travel in public transport to reach your destination.
- Entry is free.
How To reach Cattedrale Di Parma by Public Transport
- Bus no.s – 1, 2, 2N, 15, 23 and get off at TeatroRegio bus stop. From there, it takes 3 minutes to reach the place by foot.
Restaurants Near Cattedrale Di Parma
- Cardinal Bar
- Ristorante La Forchetta
- La Filoma
- RistoranteAngiol D'Or
- Borgo 20 BistrotContemporaneo – Caffetteria
- Ristorante Pizzeria Al Corsaro
- Just Jerry
- K2 Gelateria
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Parma before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Parma and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Cattedrale Di Parma
95% of people who visit Parma include Cattedrale Di Parma in their plan
73.25% of people start their Cattedrale Di Parma visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cattedrale Di Parma
73.08% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cattedrale Di Parma
Cattedrale Di Parma Trips
Cattedrale Di Parma, Parma Reviews
Nice place, the Duomo di Parma is magnificent Roman church, the antelami's stone carving and more good things..... Must be see
Small city with beautiful colors, you will find many students as there us a university in the area but generally not many tourists
Nice square. Go there when it's quiet, almost always and enjoy.
Magnificent mural frescoes in the Cathedral !
Part of the old buildings in Parma. Main cathedral which you can visit free and enjoy the both, inner and outer beauty. Few steps from restaurants and hotels.