Events and Festivals in Parma, Italy
Events and Festivals in Parma
- Palio Di Parma Festival : The origin of this festival can be traced back to 1314 making it one of the most significant and most celebrated festivals of Parma. These days, this medieval festival is celebrated by organising running competitions, one for men, one for women and one for children riding donkeys. Further, the people get dressed up in period dresses. The town is divided in 5 different areas called “Porte” and each of them houses a different team. This festival is normally held in the third week of September and is open to all.
- Parma Prosciutto Festival- Festival of Parma Ham : This festival celebrates what Parma is all about- Ham. The festivities consist of good food, music and culture to celebrate the ham, thereby understanding the nature and cultural attractions of the region. It is pilgrimage for people who love ham and want to explore its varieties. The festival is usually celebrated in September.
- Busseto Carnevale : The carnival of Busseto is quite a long festival spanning 29 days starting from first Sunday of February to the first Sunday of March. The carnival is celebrated by parades of floats and Mardi Gras. Known as the “most musical Carnival of Italy”, the festival dates back to 1879. The carnival also displays carts which often depict the real figures from the world of politics.
- Teatro Regio di Parma Festival Verdi : Each year Teatro Regio organises a festival in the remembrance of Parma city’s scribe- Giuseppe Verdi. The festival is a dedication to symphony, art and theatrical opera performances. Music lovers would be automatically attracted towards this festival which gives a musical colouring to the whole city of Parma. Although, you need to pay in order to attend this festival, yet it is definitely worth visiting to people who understand art, culture and opera. The celebration takes place throughout the month of October every year.
Trip plans for Parma
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Parma
413 Views14 Days 13 NightsTrip to Rome, Florence, Turin, Pisa, Naples, ParmaBy: Guest UserCity: Rome, Florence, Naples, Vicenza, Turin, Vernazza, Pisa, Parma, Taormina
Parma Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Parma
Save 7%Small-group pasta cooking class in Parma New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs
Learn the secrets of traditional fresh pasta from Emilia Romagnainthecity renowned by Unesco as Creative City of Gastronomy. ...
Save 7%Parma Food Valley Gourmet Tour Easy New on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
The "must do" Food & Wine Tour in Parma or in Emilia-Romagna!.. A real full immersion in the flavors in just half day dis...
Save 7%Piacenza: Half-Day Traditional Home Cooking Class New on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
Learn the secrets of Emilian traditional cuisine at Sara's home. Enjoy a full typical dinner with local wine with your friend...
Save 7%2-hour Parma Ham Farm Tour and Tasting Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs
Visit a Parma Ham producer and the learn the secrets of his production. Taste some cold cuts combined with local wine and enj...
- Events & Festivals in Cinque Terre
- Events & Festivals in Vernazza
- Events & Festivals in Ferrara
- Events & Festivals in Portofino
- Events & Festivals in Milan
- Events & Festivals in Pisa
- Events & Festivals in Vicenza
- Events & Festivals in Florence
- Events & Festivals in Padua
- Events & Festivals in Rome
- Events & Festivals in Venice
- Events & Festivals in Naples
- Events & Festivals in Positano
- Events & Festivals in Catania
- Events & Festivals in Siena