Events and Festivals in Parma
Events and Festivals in Parma
- Palio Di Parma Festival : The origin of this festival can be traced back to 1314 making it one of the most significant and most celebrated festivals of Parma. These days, this medieval festival is celebrated by organising running competitions, one for men, one for women and one for children riding donkeys. Further, the people get dressed up in period dresses. The town is divided in 5 different areas called “Porte” and each of them houses a different team. This festival is normally held in the third week of September and is open to all.
- Parma Prosciutto Festival- Festival of Parma Ham : This festival celebrates what Parma is all about- Ham. The festivities consist of good food, music and culture to celebrate the ham, thereby understanding the nature and cultural attractions of the region. It is pilgrimage for people who love ham and want to explore its varieties. The festival is usually celebrated in September.
- Busseto Carnevale : The carnival of Busseto is quite a long festival spanning 29 days starting from first Sunday of February to the first Sunday of March. The carnival is celebrated by parades of floats and Mardi Gras. Known as the “most musical Carnival of Italy”, the festival dates back to 1879. The carnival also displays carts which often depict the real figures from the world of politics.
- Teatro Regio di Parma Festival Verdi : Each year Teatro Regio organises a festival in the remembrance of Parma city’s scribe- Giuseppe Verdi. The festival is a dedication to symphony, art and theatrical opera performances. Music lovers would be automatically attracted towards this festival which gives a musical colouring to the whole city of Parma. Although, you need to pay in order to attend this festival, yet it is definitely worth visiting to people who understand art, culture and opera. The celebration takes place throughout the month of October every year.
Trip plans for Parma
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Trip to Paris, Rome, Venice, Florence, Lucca, Parm By: Guest User City: Rome, Siena, Lucca, Florence, Venice, Parma, Paris
Trip to Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Turin, Pisa By: Guest User City: Rome, Florence, Venice, Naples, Milan, Turin, Pisa, Bologna, Parma
Parma Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Parma
9 Reviews Duration: Flexible
A journey to discover Parma and its traditions to get to know the culinary excellences this land is famous for. Stop at a che...
USD 91.37Book Now
1 Reviews Duration: 3 Hrs
Visit a Culatello Ham producer. Learn the secrets of the king of Italian cured meats and enjoy a typical lunch with your frie...
USD 124.09Book Now
1 Reviews Duration: 1 Hrs 30 Mins
Visit an "acetaia" (traditional vinegar farmhouse) with its vineyards and discover the secrets of the "black gold", one of th...
USD 86.36Book Now
Duration: 8 Hrs
Get to visit two celebrated Cities-Bologna and Parma- with this single tour that assures you the sight of their prominent att...
USD 350Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Cities Near Parma
- Events & Festivals in Brandizzo
- Events & Festivals in Molassana
- Events & Festivals in Solaro
- Events & Festivals in Scalenghe
- Events & Festivals in Corteno Golgi
- Events & Festivals in Polverara
- Events & Festivals in Natz-schabs
- Events & Festivals in Zenevredo
- Events & Festivals in Apartment La Serra Di Lerici Sp With Sea View 190
- Events & Festivals in Dolzago
- Events & Festivals in Faloppio
- Events & Festivals in Malpaga
- Events & Festivals in Cities around the world
- Events & Festivals in Krabi
- Events & Festivals in Jamshedpur
- Events & Festivals in Hoshiarpur
- Events & Festivals in Eluru
- Events & Festivals in Mohali
- Events & Festivals in Bhavnagar
- Events & Festivals in Or Yehuda
- Events & Festivals in Tiruvur
- Events & Festivals in Chelsea
- Events & Festivals in Al Ghardaqah