Between 17th century and 18th century, the famous collection of artworks, precious belongings, paintings and coins of the Farnese family were shifted from Rome to Parma and was first displayed in this museum. At present, the museum holds collection of paintings done by famous painters like Beato Angelico, Canaletto, Leonardo da Vinci, SebastianodelPiombo, Guercino, Parmigianino and Tintoretto. It also has the famous painting of El Greco. If you wish to pay a visit to this art museum, you can do so while visiting Teaotro Farnese (theatre). This is because; both the theatre and the museum are located within the same historical building.
Galleria Nazionale Travel Tips
- Some of the gallery rooms are opened on variable hours due to shortage of the personnel.
- Ticket office closes 30 minutes before the closing time.
- The museum is accessible to individuals using wheelchairs and for those who wish to avoid stairs.
Entrance Ticket Details For Galleria Nazionale
- Full price : 6€ , After 2:00 pm : 3€
- Children under 18, gets free admission.
- Free admission for everyone is possible on the first Sundays of every month.
Galleria Nazionale Hours
- On 1st Sunday of every month : 8:30 am- 6:00 pm
How to Reach Galleria Nazionale
- Bus lines – 1,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,19 are there to reach the gallery.
- If you are coming by car, take highway A1-Milan Bologna – take Parma exit and follow the signs for Parma centre – Toschi parking.
- La Greppia
- Ristorante La Pilotta
- Il Trovatore
- RistoranteCorale Verdi
- Street Food Ajolfi
- Al Corsaro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Parma before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Parma and book an accommodation of your choice.
81.21% of people who visit Parma include Galleria Nazionale in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
42.21% of people start their Galleria Nazionale visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Galleria Nazionale
77.4% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Galleria Nazionale