Magnani-rocca FoundationCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
The foundation was established in 1977 by the will of Luigi Magnani. The main aim behind the establishment of the foundation was to promote art and culture for the growth of civil society. At present, the museum holds a huge collection of artworks made by Luigi Magnani. Apart from Luigi’s work, you can see the works of Gentile da Fabriano, Filippo Lippi, Durer, Titian, Rubens, Van Dyck and Goya. If you love contemporary arts, paintings done by Monet, Renoir, Cezanne are some of the collection you can look forward to. Beside the art collection, another striking feature of the villa is the furniture that has still been preserved unaltered to retain the lived-in ambience of the house.
The exterior region of the villa is covered with a beautiful park, known as park Romantic. This park follows English model, with uneven distribution of vegetable masses.
Magnani-rocca Foundation Travel Tips
- The restaurants, the Park and the Bookshop Foundation follows the same schedule that of villa.
- Reduced tickets are only accessible with the providing of valid documents.
- Photography or filming the works of the permanent collection and the temporary exhibitions are not allowed.
- Use of phones inside the exhibition halls of the Foundation is prohibited. Only the use of the online service of audio guides are allowed.
- Life drawing is allowed within the halls of the Foundation. Visitors are not allowed to use ink, tempera paints or oil. Only pencil drawing of blocks of a size not exceeding A3 size. Easels cannot be introduced.
- Food and drinks are not allowed within the villa, except for the restaurants. In the Romantic park, you can carry small packed lunches (to ensure the integrity of the environment) and use proper littler boxes.
- Persons with disabilities have access to rooms used for temporary exhibitions(with the exception of the first room), the room Gentile da Fabriano, the Van Dyck Hall, the Sala Goya, in the Sala Farnese and SalaTiziano.
- Pet dogs are allowed within the park but they should be put on leash. Muzzle is a must for those of large size. However, dogs are not allowed in the rooms of the villa.
Entrance Ticket Details For Magnani-rocca Foundation
- Full ticket price : 9€ (including the permanent exhibition)
- Reduced price (for students visiting for educational purpose; children between 6-14years; for Army, Navy and the Air) : 5€
- For Italian Touring Club, Italian Environment Fund, discount couponsGazzetta di Parma, CralCariparma, CralBarilla, the Palazzo Magnani in Reggio Emilia and the Museum of TraversetoloBrozzi, VillinoPorporano : 7€
- Admission to the Romance (the Romantic park) : 3€ (does not include admission to Villa)
- Special exhibition : 70.00€
- Permanent collection MagnaniRocca : 70.00€
- Special exhibition + Permanent collection : 100.00 €
- For guided tours in English and French : 30€
- Children under the age of 6 for accompanying groups (minimum 20 people, and two free for at least 40 people, three for 60, four for 80) gets free access.
- Free admission is given to the drivers of groups of teachers accompanying school groups (maximum3 per 20 students), journalists in art, culture, news, for officials of offices, museums of the Italian State and the Ministry of Heritage and Culture ( with presenting valid identification card), for members of the Carabinieri, State Police, the Guardian di Finanza Body Municipal Police Local (if plainclothes upon presentation of identification card).
Magnani-rocca Foundation Hours
- The villa is closed : Mondays, except Easter Monday
- Without exhibitions lunch break : 10am – 6pm
How to Reach Magnani-rocca Foundation
- Weekdays line TEP 12 to Traversetolo departing from the train station. On Sundays and public holidays , free shuttle from the train station on request.
The Maxim’s Restaurants is housed within the Villa. It serves best meals of the rich Emilia cuisines.
Apart from this, few more restaurants are there located near to the villa. They are:
- Casale Mariposa
- Il Mulino di Sopra
- Mulino di casa Sforza
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Parma before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Parma and book an accommodation of your choice.
72.61% of people who visit Parma include Magnani-rocca Foundation in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
43.81% of people start their Magnani-rocca Foundation visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Magnani-rocca Foundation
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Magnani-rocca Foundation
Magnani-Rocca Foundation Reviews & Ratings
Wonderful art and property.
Fabulous pearl of a museum in the middle of beautiful countryside. Italy at its lesser known that never ceases to amaze!
Out in the sticks but definitely worth the journey. Elegant fin-du-siecle villa and English garsen, the former housing an astounding private art collection ranging from Albrecht Durer to Giorgio Morandi. But just how did the collection survive WWII? I wonder?
I love this place. Here you can have great art shows and a lot of other very interesting events organized periodically. One of the thing I prefer is that the structure is inside a park where you can spot even deers!
One of my favourite enchanted places. Art history beauty and fascination all in one