Parco DucaleCurrently Open
- Address: Located in the historic center, 10 minutes walk from Piazza Garibaldi, Parma, Italy, 43100
- Timings: 06:00 am - 11:59 pm Details
- Phone: +39-052121882
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, National Park, Garden, Park, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Parks
Parco Ducale - Review
Situated along the west bank of Parma river, this huge garden once belonged to Ottavio Farnese, the Duke of Parma and Piacenza. The Duke turned the place into a park for one of his villas. However, after the unification of Italy, the Municipality took over the garden made it open for general public. Within the garden the Ducal Palace is situated. This palace was actually a Visconti castle, built to protect the city walls. Recently the entire garden has been renovated to turn the park into a peaceful place. A tour in the park will bring a peace to your mind. If you have a bicycle, just hop onto it and take the bike path to move around the park as many times as you wish to.
Parco Ducale Information
- Entrance to the park is forbidden for all motors.
- If you are bringing your dog, held him by the leash and their waste should be thrown in the bins.
- Pavings are there to allow pedestrians and prams to cross the path easily in the garden.
- Information materials are available at the bookshop, situated on the south avenue.
- For bicycles, bike path is there encircling the garden, connecting the main entrance.
- Entry is free.
How To reach Parco Ducale by Public Transport
- Bus no.s – 3,4, 4N, 5, 7, 23, 2107 and get off at Barriera Santa Croce.
Restaurants Near Parco Ducale
- Tapas Pub
- Carpe Diem
- La Buza Dal Gozen - Da Romano
- Pizzica La Voglia
- Osteria Oltrevino
- La Corale Verdi
- Osteria Virgilio
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Parma before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Parma and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Parco Ducale
95% of people who visit Parma include Parco Ducale in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
34.67% of people start their Parco Ducale visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Parco Ducale
88.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Parco Ducale