Parco Ducale, Parma
About Parco Ducale, Parma
Parco Ducale, Parma - Address, Phone Number
Address: Located in the historic center, 10 minutes walk from Piazza Garibaldi, Parma, Italy
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 11:59 pm Details
Added 4K times in trip plans
Outdoors, National Park, Garden, Park, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Situated along the west bank of Parma river, this huge garden once belonged to Ottavio Farnese, the Duke of Parma and Piacenza. The Duke turned the place into a park for one of his villas. However, after the unification of Italy, the Municipality took over the garden made it open for general public. Within the garden the Ducal Palace is situated. This palace was actually a Visconti castle, built to protect the city walls. Recently the entire garden has been renovated to turn the park into a peaceful place. A tour in the park will bring a peace to your mind. If you have a bicycle, just hop onto it and take the bike path to move around the park as many times as you wish to.
Parco Ducale Information
- Entrance to the park is forbidden for all motors.
- If you are bringing your dog, held him by the leash and their waste should be thrown in the bins.
- Pavings are there to allow pedestrians and prams to cross the path easily in the garden.
- Information materials are available at the bookshop, situated on the south avenue.
- For bicycles, bike path is there encircling the garden, connecting the main entrance.
- Entry is free.
How To reach Parco Ducale by Public Transport
- Bus no.s – 3,4, 4N, 5, 7, 23, 2107 and get off at Barriera Santa Croce.
Restaurants Near Parco Ducale
- Tapas Pub
- Carpe Diem
- La Buza Dal Gozen - Da Romano
- Pizzica La Voglia
- Osteria Oltrevino
- La Corale Verdi
- Osteria Virgilio
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Parma before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Parma and book an accommodation of your choice.
Parco Ducale, Parma Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful park! Perfect for picnics, afternoons with the family and visiting travellers. I have been there every I was in the city and don't regret at all!
Great city park full of history in Parma's centre. Great to take kids for a stroll, have a picnic, and also watch the ducks, gees, turtles, and fish by the pond. There is a beautiful library in the park as well with friendly staff. The only downside is there can be some shady people in the park and although there are bathrooms a lot of people urinate in the park which I find very disrespectful.
Big and nice atmosphere good for relaxing and picnics,, group meeting, jogging and walking around training coffee and snacks bar.
Is the best parco in parma that i love best, these place is good for families both children and elders, and its divide it many part by road its really beautiful parco
Big and nice park with trees for shade and grass. There is some small water with turtles in it. The only one downside: playing soccer or other sports is forbidden in the park.
- Nearby Attractions
- Gallo Doro
- Ostello Della Gioventu Di
- Dal Teo
- Trattoria Corrieri
- Hotel Verdi
- Osteria Dei Mascalzoni
- Sanctuary Of Santa Maria Della Steccata
- Palazzo Della Pilotta
- Stef Italia S.p.a.
- Parma Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Parma
- What to See in 48 Hours in Parma
- What to See in 72 Hours in Parma
- How to Spend 5 Days in Parma
- How to Spend 6 Days in Parma
- How to Spend 7 Days in Parma