Teatro FarneseCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: Piazzale della Pilotta, 15, Parma PR, Italy, 43100
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0521233309
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Theatre, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Landmarks, Buildings And Structures
When you enter the first floor of Palazzo dellaPilotta, you pass through a doorway leading to the baroque style theatre, named Teatro Farnese or Farnese theatre (as popularly known). The extravagant decoration of the theatre reminds the posh lifestyle of the court of the Farnese Dukes. However, the entire theatre was bombard in 1944, leading to its destruction. Later on, the theatre was rebuilt following architectural design of the 17th century.
At present, the theatre doesn’t have its own drama season, but the place is often used for hosting number of cultural events in summer. So, if you are traveling to Parma in this season, get in touch with the information center to learn about their scheduled events in Teatro Farnese.
- The theatre is open on holidays as well if it falls in between Tuesday to Saturday.
- Other contacat number is +39 0521233617.
- Children get free admission to the theatre.
- Bus no.s – 1,2, 2N, 15, 23 and get off at Teatro Regio bus stop. From there, it takes 3 minutes to reach the theatre by foot.
- Ristorante Pizzeria Dal Teo
- Doc - The Burger House
- Osteria dei Servi
- Nottingham Forest
- I Due Gatti
- Trattoria Corrieri
- Da Filippo
- Antica Osteria della Ghiaia
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Parma before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Parma and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Parma include Teatro Farnese in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
32.12% of people start their Teatro Farnese visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Teatro Farnese
92.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Teatro Farnese
Amazing location for an amazing and moving performance! Great Elisabetta Pozzi!!!
Really unique theatre. Certainly worth a visit in my opinion.
80 percent of this theatre's made up of wood and you'll smell it as you enter, but you'll amazed by its beauty..
Amazing space, never seen anything like it before. Lovely gallery after.