Paro is one of the three cities that forms the ‘golden triangle’ of Bhutanese Buddhism and is a must-do on the Bhutan Vacations; the other two being Punakha and Jakar. Home to the country’s only international airport, it is a town laden with historical significance with several sacred sites and historical buildings scattered through it, each with its own fascinating legends and mythological fables.
The main street of Paro is constructed of traditional wooden structures while the bazaar area is a nondescript jungle of concrete buildings. Paro itineraries always enchant you with the alluring and mystique charm of the city.
The Paro Valley, considered to be one of the most beautiful in Bhutan tourism, is verdant and lush – a real visual treat. This is the place for you if you want some nature and simplicity, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You can immerse yourself in local cultural heritage and tale corresponding to religious beliefs and come away having learnt a completely new perspective. Paro tourism gives you a warm welcome to learn and live!
Essential travel information and Paro tips for your visit
- Plan your trip well in advance, especially if you are visiting at the height of the tourist season or during the Paro Tsechu or the ThimpuTsechu.
- Expect a peaceful and tranquil trip with beautiful scenery and not a lot of night life.
- Take the time to learn a few Bhutanese customs. For example when offered food, one should say “MesshuMesshu” and cover ones mouth and only accept on the second or third offering.
- Forget that you are in a high altitude location and it may take some time to adjust.
- Try trekking in the mountains before your body has gotten used to the altitude.
- Forget that the altitude will alter your body’s reaction to alcohol – a single beer might get you plastered!
Paro Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Paro. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Paro trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Paro
Save 5%Glimpses of Bhutan - 4 Days TourNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Private Multi-Day Bhutan Tour: Paro, Taktsang Monastery, ThimphuNew on TripHobo
Save 9%3-Night Best of Bhutan Tour From ParoNew on TripHobo
Save 10%4-Day Dochula Pass Tour From ParoNew on TripHobo
Save 10%Bhutan Tour PackageNew on TripHobo
Save 5%6-Day Tour of Dragon Kingdom From ParoNew on TripHobo