Chele La PassCurrently Open
- Address: Paro, Bhutan
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
Chele La Pass - Review
Tuck yourselves in your warm clothes for this one; you’ll be able to feel the temperature drop as you gain altitude over the course of your two-hour thickly-forested drive from Paro. In winters, you will come across waterfalls, frozen rivers, alpine flowers and snow on the way to the pass.
The Chele La Pass is one of the highest vantage points in Bhutan, from which you can marvel at commanding views of the surrounding snow-capped mountains and valleys while the Himalayan yaks grazing in the horizon, dotted with electricity pylons. A 2-hour drive from Paro takes you to one of the highest vantage points, Chele La Pass. A botanical paradise, you’ll also be able to spot sacred mountains Jomolhari and Jichu Drake as cascades of wild roses, purple and yellow primulas and swathes of deep blue iris drape the forest floor.
At a height of 3,988 metres, the Chele La Pass is not to be underestimated – chilly and windy, try and make it here before packed in your warmest clothes for some of the most gorgeous views to be had in Bhutan.
Chele La Pass Information
- Wear and bring warm clothes – don’t underestimate how cold it gets here.
- Make sure you are acclimatised to high altitudes as altitude sickness is a common affliction.
- Keep hydrated – bring bottled water and snacks.
How To reach Chele La Pass by Public Transport
- By Road: By Bus or hired car from Thimpu
- By Trekking
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Paro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Paro and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chele La Pass
95% of people who visit Paro include Chele La Pass in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
53.67% of people start their Chele La Pass visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chele La Pass
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chele La Pass
Chele La Pass Map
Chele La Pass Trips
Chele La Pass, Paro Reviews
Very beautiful way this place.we reached as soon as possible to the pick point but didn't reached to the top just because at that time snowfall had started we are very lucky to seen this.
Chele La is one of highest pass around the world, and it is the highest pass in Bhutan. This place is a natural beauty and you will feel Havenly when you will reach here. A small range of Himalayan is visible from this pass. You can take a taxi from Paro City to Chele La. They might take 1200 nu to 2000 nu depending on the season and weather. Happy traveling ^_^
Everyone must visit Bhutan once in life. M in love with Bhutan. Cozy cozy place in bhutan. Highest pass in Bhutan. U can see top pic of Bhutan..
Feel the clouds. Enjoy the high roads
A must visit for nature lovers. Nature's view of the total road from paro to chella la pass is just amazing! Wild roses, marshey lands filled with beautiful flowers, rhododendron forest, pine, spruce forest....... Just beautiful! Its the highest pass of the bhutan, located between paro and haa valley. Dont miss full bloom of different types of rhododendron at the may-june months.
All QuestionsChele la pass
On 5th may 2018 ,i want to go to chese la from Paro and back on the same day to Paro.what is the mode of travel and what is the cost per person?Answer Report Abuse
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa