Big Buddha8070 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Bang Lamung District, Chonburi Province, Thailand, Pattaya
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Landmark, Statue
Located at the very top of Pratumnak Hill you’ll find an enormous 18 metre tall Buddha statue. This Big Buddha is the largest statue in the region and is situated within the premises of the Wat Phra Yai temple. The statue was established in the year 1977 and is also called Luang Phor Yhai by Thai people. Extremely popular with tourists, the Big Buddha is revered by the locals who come to pray at the temple. While there, do check out the intricate design on the statue.
Big Buddha Travel Tips
- It is an active place of worship. Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
- Dressing in conservative clothing is recommended.
How to Reach Big Buddha
- Hire a motorbike taxi.
- Hop on a songthaew
- You can also hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pattaya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pattaya and book an accommodation of your choice.
57.45% of people who visit Pattaya include Big Buddha in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
58.82% of people start their Big Buddha visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Big Buddha
94.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Big Buddha