A 5 hectare land on the Pyrenean foothills, Asson Zoo is known for its uniqueness for housing about 500 exotic species of animals. In collaboration with the zoological association of Asson, the Zoo supports wildlife conservation and public awareness to preserve biodiversity. Some of the real attractions include:
- Siberian tiger, Snow leopard, red panda, maned wolf, lemurs, and dwarf antelopes to name a few.
- The zoo also has about 21 variety of bamboo planted along with over 400 tress.
- With spectacular scenery and delightful environment the zoo is a must visit with family and friends.
- There is a shop inside form you can buy Tshirts, toys, book and educational games. Also has a restaurant inside named Bar Tatou.
- Group visits with prior appointments only.
- For hours of feeding the animals, check website.
- Open all days without exception.
- Children from 3 to 11 years of age: EUR 8.
- Group for Adults (15 per group) EUR 10.
- Groups of Kids under 12 years (15 per group) EUR 6.
- Group for people with disabilities (8 per group including guide and children) EUR 10 per adult, EUR 6 per child.
- Located between Pau, Tarbes and Lourdes. From Pau Pyrenees head southwest towards Lourdes on D938.
- Cafe Restaurant du Commerce
- L’apero gourmand de Nat
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pau before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pau and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Pau include Asson Zoo in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
70.37% of people start their Asson Zoo visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Asson Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Asson Zoo
Descent zoo with animals well taken care of and good size enclosures. Basic food facilities and toilets.
Lovely little zoo with a good range of animals.
Loved the experience