Musee Des Parachutists153 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Camp Zirnheld BP 594 64010 CEDEX, 64140 Pau, France Map
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-559404919
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Exhibition , Specialty Museums
The National Musuem of Paratroopers is dedicated entirely to the French Airborne troops during the Second World War, Indochina and Algeria. Located in Pau Lons it was created in 1964 to honour the airborne troops and only later in 1984, it was established as a museum.
- It houses about 69 life sized mannequins of soldiers from the time, dressed authentically with all their gears.
- Along with them the museum is richly documented with weapons, equipment and vehicles from the period.
- It also has multimedia projection rooms which showcase films, depicting the heroism and bravery of the French troops during the Wars.
Musee Des Parachutists Travel Tips
- An event called ‘D-Day Experience’ happens every year on June 6th to celebrate the D Day anniversary.
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Musee Des Parachutists
By Road: Situated 6km from City centre of Pau, RN134, North bound towards Bordeaux.
- Restaurant Francesinha
- La Noche
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pau before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pau and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Musee Des Parachutists Address: Camp Zirnheld BP 594 64010 CEDEX, 64140 Pau, France
- Musee Des Parachutists Contact Number: +33-559404919
- Musee Des Parachutists Timing: 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Musee Des Parachutists(preferred time): 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Musee Des Parachutists: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
35.17% of people who visit Pau include Musee Des Parachutists in their plan
55.81% of people start their Musee Des Parachutists visit around 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Musee Des Parachutists
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee Des Parachutists
People normally club together Saint Pierre De Pau Church and Saint-girons De Monein Church while planning their visit to Musee Des Parachutists.