Pau Gelos Stud FarmCurrently Closed
- Address: Les Amis du Haras National de Pau Gelos, 1 rue du Marechal Leclerc, 64110, Gelos, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-559069837
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Nature, Exhibition , Heritage Building
A superb countryside farm situated in Gelos built by Napolean Bonaparte during 1808 mainly to house military stallions. With beautiful rustic barns giving a very earthly feel the farm is a home to many different breed of horses including Anglo-Arab stallions, Merens, Pottocks and Ponies from the Landes region. Ranked No.1 in France for its Equine breeding.
Some of its Activities throughout the year and its Highlights include:
- Presentations of the Stallions & carriages in January.
- Thoroughbred breeding competition and selection of Anglo-Arab stallions in August.
- Also a full horse riding completion in August.
- Heritage celebration day in Spetember.
- Open house on Saint Michael’s Day.
- National Pyrenean Donkey Competition and regional draft horse competition involving 250 competitors in November.
- Collection of 19th century horse-drawn cars.
- An 18th century castle and traditional trades.
- Its best to visit this farm during August where there is a full scale Horse Riding Competition and similarly during November which hosts the National Pyrenean Donkey Competition.
- Groups, by appointment with a minimum of 20 people of EUR 5 each.
- Students, Teachers and Unemployed: EUR 3
- Entry is free for children under seven years.
Recommended time to visit
- From November to April: Monday to Friday is 02:00 pm.
- From May to June and from September to October: 02:00 pm and 04:00 pm.
- From July to August: Monday to Friday is 10:00 am, 02:00 pm and 04:00 pm.
- From town centre of Pau head South towards Jurancon, then Gelos.
- Clos Mirabel
- Le Castel du Pont d’Oly
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pau before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pau and book an accommodation of your choice.
46.77% of people who visit Pau include Pau Gelos Stud Farm in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
81.13% of people start their Pau Gelos Stud Farm visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Pau Gelos Stud Farm
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pau Gelos Stud Farm