Saint-girons De Monein ChurchCurrently Closed
- Address: 58 rue du commerce, 64360 Monein, France, Pau
- Timings: 04:00 pm - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-0559123040
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Architecture , Cathedral
Saint-girons De Monein Church - Review
The largest church in the town of Monien, Saint Girons de Monien took about 70 years and seven generations of men to construct. It was built in the honour of Saint Girons who was one among the seven holy saints of the 5th century who evangelized the Novempopulania or the ‘Land of the Nine tribes’.
- Although having undergone numerous transformations from the time it was built in the year 1530, the church still retains a large baroque styled altarpiece and a 17th century organ from Toulouse.
- But out of all the attractions in the church, perhaps the most significant one for what the church is known for, is its “Heart of Oak’. A Medieval styled arched Hallway with its roof constructed entirely by using a thousand Oak trees.
Saint-girons De Monein Church Information
- A beautiful sound and light show in the roof space is shown at every visit is worth the trip.
Saint-girons De Monein Church Ticket Prices
- Children aged 8 to 16, EUR 2
- Entry is free for children under eight years.
Saint-girons De Monein Church Hours
- September 1st to June 30th (except for Saturdays): At 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
- July 1st to 31st August, Monday to Saturday: At 11:00 am, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
- Sundays & Bank Holidays at 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
How To reach Saint-girons De Monein Church by Public Transport
Located 23 km from Pau-Pyrenees, take RN117 towards Bayonne.
Restaurants Near Saint-girons De Monein Church
- Le Chaudron Gastronomique
- Le Pastoral
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pau before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pau and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Saint-girons De Monein Church
54.27% of people who visit Pau include Saint-girons De Monein Church in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
67.65% of people start their Saint-girons De Monein Church visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Saint-girons De Monein Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Saint-girons De Monein Church