The Gassion Hotel, Pau
About The Gassion Hotel, Pau
The Gassion Hotel, Pau - Address, Phone Number
Address: 7 Rue Gassion, 64000 Pau, France
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.8K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A Hotel turned apartment complex, The Grand Gassion was built between 1867 and 1872. The story behind this 150 year building is an interesting one. Jean Lafourcade Camarau, after having earned a huge sum of 2 million gold francs in Brazil, in his impulse, decided to invest it all in building a grand hotel to satisfy the needs of increasing visitors to the city of Pau. At the time of its completion it was said to have all latest amenities of the period including a hydraulic elevator.
Today, the place offers 6 different sized apartments for stay to visitors. The rooms are well furnished, well lit and comfortable. It also compliments the Boulevard des Pyrenees by offering stunning views of the Pyrenees mountain ranges from the south facade.
The Gassion Hotel Information
- The Hotel is at a stone’s throw distance form Boulevard des Pyrenees. It complements the Boulevard, offering stunning views of the Pyrenees from its south facade.
The Gassion Hotel Ticket Prices
- The Prices of the rooms range from EUR 55 to EUR 75 per person, per night.
How To reach The Gassion Hotel by Public Transport
- Nearby Bus stops: Chateau
- Saint Martin.
Restaurants Near The Gassion Hotel
- Chez Olive
- Le Henry IV
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pau before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pau and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Gassion Hotel, Pau Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Bordeaux Metropolitan Area
- Université De Pau Et Du Pays De L'adour
- Eglise Saint Martin
- Eveche De Bayonne Maison De Pau
- Bon Pasteur Maria Consolata
- Eglise Adventiste
- Foret Domaniale De Bastard
- Aires De Jeux Collectives A Pau
- Pau Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Pau
- What to See in 48 Hours in Pau
- What to See in 72 Hours in Pau
- How to Spend 5 Days in Pau
- How to Spend 6 Days in Pau
- How to Spend 7 Days in Pau