Bishop's PalaceCurrently Open
- Address: Pecs, Hungary Map
- Timings: 11:00 am - 02:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Castle, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Initially it was just a Romanesque church placed over here but later along with the adjacent and surrounding buildings, it started to be known as the Bishop’s Castle. This place is said to have been established in the early 12th century and since been inhabited by a number of Bishops. The first to reside in this place was the French Bishop Bonipert and then resided here the Hungarian Bishop Mor.
The castle is a mind-blowing combination of Gothic and Roman designs hidden behind the intricately done Neo-Renaissance facade. This museum was after many years opened to the public and you can find displays here depicting the lives of all the bishops who had stayed here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pecs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pecs and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Bishop's Palace Address: Pecs, Hungary
- Bishop's Palace Timing: 11:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Best time to visit Bishop's Palace(preferred time): 11:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Bishop's Palace: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
6.08% of people who visit Pecs include Bishop's Palace in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
66.67% of people start their Bishop's Palace visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Bishop's Palace
66.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bishop's Palace
People normally club together Pécsi Nemzeti Színház and Pécsi Est Café while planning their visit to Bishop's Palace.