How to Reach Pecs
HOW TO GET TO PECS
- By Air: There is no individual Pecs airport and the nearest international airport is Budapest.
- By Train: There are lots of trains available from Pecs to Budapest’s Keleti or Deli station. If you take an express train rather than a local one, the journey will not take you more than 2 hours 30 minutes. You can even take a train from Sarajevo in Bosnia and Vienna during the day. The journey is quite a scenic one.
- By Bus: This may not be the most comfortable way to travel to Pecs but it certainly is the cheapest. There are buses daily from Budapest and the city of Szeged. Budapest to Pecs buses are crowded during the high season and booking in advance is recommended.
HOW TO GET AROUND PECS
- By Bus: The bus service in the city is efficient. You can buy tickets from kiosks that are placed around the city.
- By Taxi: The two major taxi services in operation in Pecsare Euro Taxi and Volan Taxi. This is a convenient way to get around the city.
- On Foot: The main parts of the city that are worth visiting are close enough for you to travel on foot. This is also the best way to travel through the city if you really want to get a feel of the place.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Pecs. The most preferred mode of transport in Pecs is Car.
Average distance: 5 km Average time: 15 min
Car 100%Driving 12.5 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 5 kms 15 min
* Some of the data on this page is powered by Numbeo