Are you looking for what to do in Pecs?
PLACES TO SEE
- Pecs Cathedral: A monument from the 11th century, this cathedral is a must-visit for the history buffs. If you go inside you’ll see a beautifully painted ceiling and organ renditions of many religious hyms.
- Zsolnay Museum and Cultural Quarter: Zsolnay is a Hungarian porcelain manufacturer. The museum displays many beautifully decorated porcelain and glass artefacts.
- Early Christian Mausoleum: This mausoleum was built in the 4th Century and in 1975, became the first underground mausoleum open for visitors. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000.
- Szechenyi Ter: This is the main city square surrounded by impressive architecture. One of the most interesting things to do in Pecs is to visit the square in the evenings, where locals and tourists gather in groups and have fun!
- Mosque of Pasha Gazi Kassim: This mosque was built by the Turks during the Ottoman conquest in the 16th century and now has been converted into a church. It stands at the highest point of the Szechenyi square.
Below we have a list of things to do in Pecs and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Pecs getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Pecs with confidence.