Kontogialos BeachCurrently Open
- Address: Kontogialos 49084, Greece, Pelekas
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Family And Kids, Nature
This place is the nearest to the village and is accessible if you take a free minibus service. The beach of Kontogialos, has beautiful golden sand which gently slopes and meets the sea. You will come across four tavernas along the beach and also a hotel behind the beach. This beach can be reached by one of three roads and there is ample parking at the northern end. Although known for the 'hippy paradise' it used to be in the '70s and '80s, it is now quite peaceful and calm. Apart from the high season in August, this place is still a lovely spot. You will be happy to know that this beach is constantly monitored by lifeguards and a full-fledged operating system is in order.
- Please pay attention to the flags and warning system.
- Do not go too away from the sea.
- Look out for crabs and jelly fish whose stings are really painful.
- Free entry as it is a beach. Find out the parking rates if any.
- Find out from the locals the best time to visit.
- Walk if in Palekas or take a rental cab. It is 12 kilometres away from the main Corfu Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pelekas before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pelekas and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Pelekas include Kontogialos Beach in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
43.93% of people start their Kontogialos Beach visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kontogialos Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kontogialos Beach