Dubdi MonasteryCurrently Open
- Address: West District, Yuksam 737113, India, Pelling Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Monastery
Also known as the Yuksum Monastery, Dubdi is another Buddhist pilgrim centre located in the Tibetan Buddhism of the Nyingma Sect, close to Yuksum. Constructed in the year 1701, this monastery has been named after its founder Lhatsun Namkha Jigme. It is considered to be pivotal to the history of Sikkim. Inside the monastery you can see the famous Lhetsum Chenpo green statue as well as many elaborate paintings of famous saints. The painted area also depicts various sacred symbols and a collection of ancient manuscripts.
How to Reach Dubdi Monastery
- Take a cab from Pelling.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pelling before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pelling and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Dubdi Monastery Address: West District, Yuksam 737113, India, Pelling
- Dubdi Monastery Timing: 07:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Best time to visit Dubdi Monastery(preferred time): 07:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Dubdi Monastery: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
74.94% of people who visit Pelling include Dubdi Monastery in their plan
28.57% of people start their Dubdi Monastery visit around 07 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dubdi Monastery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dubdi Monastery
People normally club together Dak Bunglow and Lampokhari Lake while planning their visit to Dubdi Monastery.