Pemayangtse Gompa, PellingCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: West Sikkim, Sikkim 737111, Pelling, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 20 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Monastery
About Pemayangtse Gompa, Pelling
Sikkim is replete with monasteries that exhibit Buddhist faith and its culture. Pemayangtse monastery is one of the oldest monasteries of Sikkim that was constructed in the 17th century by Lama Lhatsun Chempo. Although quite humble when it was constructed, this monastery was subsequently renovated to grand proportions by Jigme Pawo, the third re-embodiment of Lhatsun Chempo. The name of the monastery can be literally translated as “Perfect Sublime Lotus” signifying the sublimate Buddhist faith and religion. Nestled in the beauty of nature, this monastery is set on a hilltop (2100m) overlooking the Rabdentse ruins. There are two floors of this monastery that exhibit:
- The ground floor features a central Buddha, while upstairs fierce-looking statues depict all eight reincarnations of Padmasambhava.
- On the top floor is an astounding seven-tiered model representing Padmasambhava’s heavenly abode of Zangtok Palri, handmade over five laborious years by a single dedicated lama.
Pemayangtse monastery is situated just 1.5km from Upper Pelling, along the road to Geyzing. You can easily combine its visit with that Rabdentse ruins.
How To reach Pemayangtse Gompa by Public Transport
- Walking distance from Pelling centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pelling before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pelling and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pemayangtse Gompa
47.68% of people who visit Pelling include Pemayangtse Gompa in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
30.78% of people start their Pemayangtse Gompa visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Pemayangtse Gompa
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pemayangtse Gompa
Pemayangtse Gompa, Pelling Reviews
Well & Nice Historical Place . Coldest Weather . Thanks To All .
Brilliant monastry. Awesome experience. Very peaceful and educational. Simply must visit place.
One of the oldest monasteries..
Very peaceful place. Beautiful!! Must see
Here you will found very huge "MANE". MANE means a huge round rotatary thing.
All QuestionsPemayangtse gompa
- Attractions near Pemayangtse Gompa
- Darap Subba Village