Pemayangtse GompaCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: West Sikkim, Sikkim 737111, Pelling, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 20 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Monastery
Pemayangtse Gompa - Review
Sikkim is replete with monasteries that exhibit Buddhist faith and its culture. Pemayangtse monastery is one of the oldest monasteries of Sikkim that was constructed in the 17th century by Lama Lhatsun Chempo. Although quite humble when it was constructed, this monastery was subsequently renovated to grand proportions by Jigme Pawo, the third re-embodiment of Lhatsun Chempo. The name of the monastery can be literally translated as “Perfect Sublime Lotus” signifying the sublimate Buddhist faith and religion. Nestled in the beauty of nature, this monastery is set on a hilltop (2100m) overlooking the Rabdentse ruins. There are two floors of this monastery that exhibit:
- The ground floor features a central Buddha, while upstairs fierce-looking statues depict all eight reincarnations of Padmasambhava.
- On the top floor is an astounding seven-tiered model representing Padmasambhava’s heavenly abode of Zangtok Palri, handmade over five laborious years by a single dedicated lama.
Pemayangtse monastery is situated just 1.5km from Upper Pelling, along the road to Geyzing. You can easily combine its visit with that Rabdentse ruins.
How To reach Pemayangtse Gompa by Public Transport
- Walking distance from Pelling centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pelling before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pelling and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pemayangtse Gompa
95% of people who visit Pelling include Pemayangtse Gompa in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
29.31% of people start their Pemayangtse Gompa visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Pemayangtse Gompa
94.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pemayangtse Gompa
Pemayangtse Gompa Map
Pemayangtse Gompa Trips
Pemayangtse Gompa, Pelling Reviews
It's one of the old monastery in west Sikkim, have little entry fee, it's maintain too good... anybody can enter including upper floors and observe the story with take time but no photography allowed inside. Recommended for visit with respect and definitely you will get more return. People are very helpful, you may enrich your knowledge by conversation with them... and last but not least yes, you may reach near Monastery gate by car directly if you not willing to walk.
A place that depicts the Time Travel of Buddhism from early seventeen century to Now... PHOTOGRAPHY IS PROHIBITED INSIDE THE MONASTERY...so you are left to just witness the Buddhism Love and Devotion towards lord...Peace here is a gift from God...You can sit back and pray to God for all the wishes...And Lord grant you with all you desires..Very near to Rabdentse Ruins...If you visit here then You should visit that too...
A peaceful place which walks you through the history and culture of Buddhism. Lots of old manuscripts are preserved here.
A wonderful and historical Monastery worth visiting at any circumstances. The wooden work and the old manuscripts are really awesome to see.
It is one of a kind historical monument. With alot kind of traditional and historical thing. Full of sculptures,books,costume etc Really need to visit once.
All QuestionsPemayangtse gompa
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal