Are you looking for what to do in Pelling?
PLACES TO SEE
- Khecheopalri Lake: Visit the holy Khecheopalri Lake that is considered to be sacred by Buddhists and Hindus.
- Pemayangtse Gompa: This is one of the oldest monasteries of Sikkim that is visited for its picturesque location and the spirituality that it exudes.
- Rabdentse Ruins: Rabdentse ruins will introduce you to the history of Sikkim monarchs in the region. The trek towards this place is simply gorgeous.
- Sangachoeling Monastery: Built in 1697 AD, this monastery is considered to be the second oldest monasteries in the State. You will have to take atleast 40 min walking up the steep hilly slope and through the forest in order to reach here.
- Sewaro Rock Garden: This garden is a tourist picnic spot developed by the department of tourism in Sikkim. The garden is surrounded by dense greenery and flowers and offers a relaxed time to those who visit it.
THINGS TO DO
- Trek to Darap Village: For an adventurous tour, trek to the Darap village from Pelling. The village is nestled in the interiors of Himalayan region and allows you to get acquainted with Limboo culture.
- Visit the Waterfalls: Pelling is surrounded by beautiful waterfalls such as Kanchenjunga falls, Sangay falls and Rimbi waterfalls. Visit these waterfalls to wonder at their lucid waters.
- Walk on the Singshore Bridge: Walk over the Singshore suspension bridge that connects two of the hills in Pelling.
- Khangchendzonga National Park: Visit the largest wildlife reserve of Sikkim that allows you an opportunity to have a glimpse at the rare species of Asia.
Below we have a list of things to do in Pelling and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Pelling getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Pelling with confidence.