Events and Festivals in Penang Hill
- Sri Rama Navami: It is a nine day festival of music, food and dance when Sri Rama is celebrated. If you are visiting Penang for the first time, you will love the Sri Rama Navami festival.
- Wesak Day: It is held on the 15th day of the fourth moon to celebrate the birth, life and death of Buddha.
- Hari Raya Puasa: Muslim holiday celebrating the end of the fasting month.
- Chinese New Year: Chinese festival celebrating the lunar new year. Fourteen days later, during the full moon, there is a festival in which the gods from numerous temples around the island are brought out for a procession, with the route including Chulia St.
- Thaipusam: A Hindu festival celebrated on the full moon in the Hindu month of Pausha (January/February).
- Vesak, (Wesak): A Buddhist festival celebrated mainly by the Chinese community on the full moon of the 5th or 6th lunar month. It is characterized by a street parade. Temples will typically be filled with devotees and there will be a variety of activities by the various Buddhist associations and societies on this day.
- George Town Festival: Held annually since 2010 to commemorate George Town's listing on the UNESCO heritage listing in 2008, it is a month long festival celebrating art, music, theatre, dance, opera and film. It usually runs from June to July and has attracted a lot of attention around the globe as one of the leading arts festivals in the region. It has a unique blend of local as well as international cultural showcases.
- Penang International Dragon Boat Festival: Staged annually since 1979 and has successfully attracted teams from all over the world including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Indonesia, the Netherlands, the Philippines, South Africa, Thailand, Canada, and the USA. The event is now usually held at the Teluk Bahang Dam.
- Penang Bon Odori Carnival: A Japanese traditional carnival usually with Japanese culture, drum and dance performances.
- The Feast of St. Anne: Late July at St. Anne's Church, Bukit Mertajam. A Christian religious festival that includes a candle-light procession at the church.
- Nine Emperor Gods vegetarian festival, held at Taoist temples for 9 days of the 9th lunar month in the Chinese calendar, normally at the end of September or October.
- Penang Floral Festival: Held at the Penang Botanic Gardens annually.
- Songkran (Thai water festival): Held around Wat Chayamangkalaram Buddhist Temple in April every year.
Trip plans for Penang Hill
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Penang Hill
Penang Hill Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Penang Hill
Private Tour: Penang Hill and Kek Lok Si Temple10 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs 30 Mins
Visit Kek Lok Si Temple, Pagoda of Ten Thousand Buddhas, and ride the funicular railway up Penang Hill (Bukit Bendera) on thi...Book Now
Half-Day George Town History Private Tour5 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Join this half-day tour and explore George Town well-known attractions with our professional English speaking guide. Learn ab...Book Now
Save 7%Penang City Tour39 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Penang has perhaps the largest and well preserved colonial-era old town, with excellent examples of Chinese clan houses, colo...
Private Penang City Sightseeing Tour3 Reviews
Duration: 7 Hrs
If youd like to experience a bit of everything Penang has to offer, this grand tour of the island is for you! A private guide...Book Now
All QuestionsPenang hill
- Events & Festivals in Bukit Bendera
- Events & Festivals in Gelugor
- Events & Festivals in Bukit Mertajam
- Events & Festivals in Taiping
- Events & Festivals in Langkawi Island
- Events & Festivals in Ipoh
- Events & Festivals in Cameron Highlands
- Events & Festivals in Frasers Hill
- Events & Festivals in Batang Kali
- Events & Festivals in Kuala Lumpur
- Events & Festivals in Johor Bahru
- Events & Festivals in Melaka
- Events & Festivals in Kota Kinabalu
- Events & Festivals in Kuching
- Events & Festivals in Miri