How to Reach Penang Hill
How to reach Penang Hill
HOW TO GET TO PENANG HILL
- By Air: The Penang airport is recently renovated to become one of the Malaysia’s largest airports and caters flights to Penang from Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru, Kota Bharu, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Miri, Kuantan, and Langkawi. Direct international flights are available to Hong Kong, Taipei, Guangzhou, Singapore, Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, Ko Samui, Jakarta, Surabaya, Medan and Banda Aceh.
- By Boat: The Penang port offers daily and frequent ferries to and from Langkawi and Sumatra.
- By Car: You can take the North-South Expressway to get to Penang.
- By Minivan: Though expensive, this service runs between Ko Phi Phi, Ko Lanta Phuket, Trang, Surat Thani, Krabi, Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan, Bangkok, Hat Yai and Perhentian Islands.
- By Train: The Butterworth station offers train to and from Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok. Penang by train is a pleasing journey.
- By Bus: Penang has bus services that access to Kuala Lumpur, Kota Bharu, Johor Bahru, Singapore, Krabi, Phuket and Bangkok.
HOW TO GET AROUND PENANG HILL
- By Bus: Transportation in Penang is facilitated by Penang rapid buses that have frequent trips to all the parts of the city. Bulk tickets for unlimited travel around the city are cheaper and there is abundant information available on the web as well as the mobile app of the service.
- By Trishaw: A combined transportation as well as guide is what a trishaw will offer you. A human pulled cart is a great way for getting around at your own pace.
- By Taxis: Taxis are available and the hotel you are staying at can provide you with one.
- By Car: Car rental companies are available for getting a drive yourself car.
- On Foot: The pleasure of visiting this city is doubled when you explore it on foot. There are special pedestrian walkways and walking tours that come with a local guide are also available.
Modes of Transportation in Penang Hill
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Penang Hill. The most preferred mode of transport in Penang Hill is Car.
Average distance: 18.5 km Average time: 34.63 min
Car 75%Driving 33.89 min Walking 1.78 min Overall average time for 20.33 kms 35.67 min
Walking 8.33%Walking 20 min Overall average time for 1 kms 20 min
Bike 8.33%Bike 60 min Overall average time for 23 kms 60 min
Motorbike 8.33%Motorbike 14 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 15 kms 14.5 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Port Dickson
- How To Reach Langkawi Island
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Kuala Lumpur
- How To Reach Melaka
- How To Reach Johor Bahru
- How To Reach Ipoh
- How To Reach Cameron Highlands
- How To Reach Kota Kinabalu
- How To Reach Kuching
- How To Reach Miri
- How To Reach Taiping
- How To Reach Genting Highlands