Penang Botanic GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: Penguasa Taman & Kebun - Kebun Bunga Jabatan Kebun Bunga Jalan Kebun Bunga, 10350, Pulau Pinang, 10350, Malaysia, Penang Hill
- Timings: 05:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-42271354
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Forest, Island, Trail, Garden, Wildlife Park, Waterfall, Botanical Garden, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Hill, Resort
Penang Botanic Gardens - Review
The Gardens were founded in 1884 by Charles Curtis from the Gardens and Forests Departments Straits Settlements. Walking around the Gardens, one cannot miss the Cannon Ball Tree (Couropita guanensis) and the large buttress roots of the Sengkuang Tree (Dracantamelon dao).
Look out for the Pinang Palm (Areca catechu) that lent its name to the island of Penang, and the Black Lily (Tacca integrifalia) with its unique purplish-black coloured flowers. The endemic Slipper Orchid (Paphiopedilum barbatum) and the ginger, Geoctachys penangensis, can also be found here.
Look out also for the wildlife inhabiting the gardens. Commonly seen are the long-tailed Macaques, Dusky Leaf Monkeys, Black Giant Squirrels and a myriad of insects and butterflies.From afar, one could catch a view of the famous waterfall up on the hills above the reservoir.
Must visit attractions inside the garden:
- Lotus Lake Park
- Home Orchidarium
- Tropical Rain Forest Trail (Trail Curtis)
- Begonia Bromeliad House & Home
- Prime home
- The Fern Rockery
- Cactus House
- Fern house
- Quarry Recreation Park
- Formal Gardens (Formal Garden)
- Sunken Garden
Penang Botanic Gardens Information
- It is important to respect the plants and animals here. Please do not remove, damage, or intentionally disturb them. Please also refrain from using any audio equipment.
- Keep the grounds clean at all times. Do not litter. You can also help us by picking up any rubbish that you come across during your walk.
- Stay on established trails.
- Do not feed the monkeys.
- Guided tours are available.
How To reach Penang Botanic Gardens by Public Transport
- Taxi or rented car
Restaurants Near Penang Botanic Gardens
- Homestayle restoran
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Penang Hill before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Penang Hill and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Penang Botanic Gardens
95% of people who visit Penang Hill include Penang Botanic Gardens in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
47.52% of people start their Penang Botanic Gardens visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Penang Botanic Gardens
94.68% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Penang Botanic Gardens
Penang Botanic Gardens Map
Penang Botanic Gardens Trips
2 Views7 Days 6 Nights7 Day Trip to Kuala Lumpur, Penang Hill, Genting HBy: Guest UserCity: Kuala Lumpur, Penang Hill, Genting Highlands, Langkawi Island
Penang Botanic Gardens, Penang Hill Reviews
All QuestionsPenang botanic gardens
- Murrayville United Methodist Church
- Double L Quarter Horses
- Murrayville Baptist Church
- Murrayville United Methodist Parsonage
- Sandy Creek Baptist Assoc
- Murrayville House Of Prayer
- Little Egypt Woodmen Camp
- Faith Church Of God
- St Paul's Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church
- West Frankfort Bowl
- Depot Veterans Memorial & Coal Miner's Memorial
- Third Baptist Church
- Harmony Freewill Baptist Church
- Strawberry Meadows