Penang National Park835 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Teluk Bahang, Tanjung Bungah, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia, Penang Hill
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-48813530
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Forest, National Park, Off Road, Trail, Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Hill, Boating, Nature, Green House
Spanning over an area of 1213 hectares of land and sea, this natural treasure serves as a study area for scientists, researches and is a delight to the nature lovers visiting Penang. With more than 417 flora and 143 species, this park is protected and conserved by the Malaysian government for its rare findings.
When in Penang national park, there are innumerable natural marvels to explore. They Include: Hill / Lowland Dipterocarp Forests, Mangrove Forest areas,sandy beach habitats, the unique seasonal meromictic lake and the open coastal seas.
Stands of Seraya (Shorea curtisii) trees, common feature of coastal Dipterocarp Forest, can be easily seen on steep slopes around Muka Head.
The park incorporates following beaches in its area and a boat ride is recommended.
- Teluk Bahang
- Pasir Pandak
- Teluk Tukun
- Tanjung Ailing
- Teluk Duyung (Monkey Beach)
- Teluk Ketapang
- Pantai Kerachut
- Teluk Kampi
- Pantai Ma
Another unique feature of this national park is the 250 meter long Canopy walk. It allows visitors to view the lush forest from an interesting angle.
Built on dipterocarp trees with only ropes for support, without the aid of a single nail, screw or bolt, the canopy walkway hovers above most of the rainforests below. The longest stretch is 45 metres while the shortest walkway is only 5 metres.
This park is indeed the display of huge biodiversity of Malaysia and is a must-visit on your trip to Penang. Perfect for a day-out!
Penang National Park Travel Tips
- The walkway is closed during rainy season and bad weather.
- Pack your lunch on your trip here as no eateries are available inside the park.
- Wear shoes with good grip.
- Carry your rain gear and an extra set of clothes.
- You can also take a boat trip around the park.
Entrance Ticket Details For Penang National Park
- For the canopy walks, tickets have to bought at the entrance counter.
- The tickets for the same are RM 5 for adults and RM 3 for kids.
Penang National Park Hours
- The entry office closes at 06:00 pm.
How to Reach Penang National Park
- Bus No 101, car or taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Penang Hill before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Penang Hill and book an accommodation of your choice.
31.45% of people who visit Penang Hill include Penang National Park in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
73.68% of people start their Penang National Park visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Penang National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Penang National Park