Are you looking for what to do in Penang Hill?
PLACES TO SEE
Temples and religious places:
- Kek Lok Si: The largest Buddhist temple in Malaysia was founded in 1890. Thousands of Buddhist followers visit the temple on a yearly basis, one of the best Penang attractions!
- Sri mahamariamman temple
- Khoo Kongsi
- Wat chayamangkalaram
- Gardens and parks: Penang Botanic Gardens, Penang Bird Park, Penang National Park.
- Penang hill
- Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion
- Fort Cornwallis
- Old George town
- Penang beaches are a great way to have a sunbath, a quick swim or what pleases to the likes of the visitors.
Other places to visit:
- Religious places: Protestant cemetery, Penang floating mosque, Arulmigu, Karumariamman Temple, Dharmikarma Burmese temple, St. George's Church, Wat Buppharam, snake temple.
- Museums and Galleries: Penang state museum and art gallery, Pernakan museum, Penang Museum and Art Gallery, toy Museum, Penang war museum.
THINGS TO DO
- Penang Pewter: A small shop that can be found almost anywhere, sells Penang pewter straight from the factory at decent prices.
- Mydin’s Wholesale Emporium: This market boasts any item for sale that you can possibly think of at rock bottom prices as well. People coming from faraway places love buying from this market because of the low prices. Most people actually buy stuff from here for resale. Shopping in Penang is a unique experience.
- A visit to Clan Jetties at Penang beaches is an enthralling ride through the deep blue waters of Malaysia.
- Have a tour to the tropical fruit farm and the tropical spice farm.
- Shock Egypt and Club Momo: Two of the most popular night spots on the island where you can drink and dance the night away. They play any kind of music, from jazz to local music.
Below we have a list of things to do in Penang Hill and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Penang Hill getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Penang Hill with confidence.