Penneshaw Tourism, Australia
Visit Penneshaw - Best of Penneshaw
Penneshaw is the place that ferries from the mainland dock at. Before you lose yourself fishing at the jetty, here are a few quick facts. The main attraction here is a very fragile colony population of Little Penguins. Their numbers have severely depleted over the years. Don’t harm them!
The village’s cliffsides and coast are prettier than those at the south of the island. Make sure to visit the Prospect Hill Lookout for fantastic views of the mainland. The land around here is wine country, so there are a good number of cellar door attractions, only a couple of which are worth checking out. You may want to visit the Visitor Centre though – it’s the best place around for booking your tours, accommodations, transports and attractions. Ten kilometres east of Penneshaw is the Cape Willoughby Lighthouse.
Penneshaw Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Penneshaw tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +8:00 hours
- Currency: AUD (Australian Dollar)
- Electricity and Internet: Both are rather easily available.
- Plugs: "Type I" Australian AS-3112 or Chinese CPCS-CCC or Argentine IRAM sockets
- Internet: Most establishment have Wi-Fi.
- Languages: English is the main language. Others include Italian, Greek, Cantonese, Arabic, Mandarin and Vietnamese.
- Security: Police:+61 8 8553 2018, Health Service: +61 8 8553 4200
- Off-Beaten Path: n/a
- Tipping: Australia doesn’t have much of a tipping culture. If the service has been exceptional, you may leave a 5-10% tip.
- Tourist Traps: n/a
- Customs: n/a
Are you looking for a Penneshaw travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Penneshaw- Know before you go to Penneshaw
Penneshaw Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Penneshaw
- Kangaroo Island Tourism
- Kingscote Tourism
- American River Tourism
- Victor Harbor - Goolwa Tourism
- Goolwa Tourism
- Hilton Tourism
- North Adelaide Tourism
- Adelaide Tourism
- Lyndoch Tourism