Penneshaw Penguin CentreCurrently Closed
- Address: Middle Terrace, Penneshaw SA 5222, Australia
- Timings: 08:00 pm - 10:30 pm Details
- Phone: +61-0885537407
- Ticket Price: 13 AUD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Tour, Family And Kids, Bird Watching
Penneshaw Penguin Centre - Review
There used to be many more Little Penguins on the island. Now, there are only about 15 pairs, a small colony indeed. You’ll have to book a guided tour to see these birds as they can be hard to spot. Even with experienced guides, it can take a while of waiting; the tours are conducted late in the evening because that’s when the penguins come out. Make sure that you are very quiet and gentle in your movements. It’s easy to scare off the birds with loud, careless stomping. The guides are very knowledgeable about penguin life, and will answer any question you ask.
Penneshaw Penguin Centre Information
- Booking is recommended, as group sizes are limited.
- Flash photography not allowed.
- There is a car park.
Penneshaw Penguin Centre Ticket Prices
- Prices of tours may change depending on season. Check the website for updated times.
- AUD 10 for concession categories. Ask to see whether you apply.
- AUD 35 for families.
Penneshaw Penguin Centre Opening and Closing Hours
- Tours are at 8pm and 9pm.
- Times of tours may change depending on season. Check the website for updated times.
How To reach Penneshaw Penguin Centre by Public Transport
- You can walk or drive to the centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Penneshaw before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Penneshaw and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Penneshaw Penguin Centre
95% of people who visit Penneshaw include Penneshaw Penguin Centre in their plan
81.4% of people start their Penneshaw Penguin Centre visit around 8 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Penneshaw Penguin Centre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Penneshaw Penguin Centre
Penneshaw Penguin Centre Map
Penneshaw Penguin Centre Trips
Penneshaw Penguin Centre , Penneshaw Reviews
The Tour was great. We knew before, that it would be in the dark, so we were not surprised to get some torches. Nick (the Guide) is a polite man who showed us several spots where the young penguins have their nest. He could also show us one Penguin moulting. We had luck because we two were alone with him, no others around. 13$ per adult, was absolutely worth it!
The center is closed till March. But you know this only if you get there and see by yourself - they didn't update opening hours
All QuestionsPenneshaw penguin centre
- St John Lutheran Church
- Christian Dental Society
- St Paul's Lutheran Church
- Tripoli Swimming Pool
- North Woods County Park
- Immaculate Conception Church
- Sunset Community Theatre
- St Peter's Lutheran Church
- Liquid Glass Power Boats
- Faith Evangelical Parsonage
- First Baptist Church
- Faith Evangelical Church
- Meadowbrook Country Club
- Water Tower Park
- Saint Johns Lutheran Church