Penneshaw Penguin Centre100 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Middle Terrace, Penneshaw SA 5222, Australia
- Timings: 08:00 pm - 10:30 pm Details
- Phone: +61-0885537407
- Ticket Price: 13 AUD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Bird Watching
There used to be many more Little Penguins on the island. Now, there are only about 15 pairs, a small colony indeed. You’ll have to book a guided tour to see these birds as they can be hard to spot. Even with experienced guides, it can take a while of waiting; the tours are conducted late in the evening because that’s when the penguins come out. Make sure that you are very quiet and gentle in your movements. It’s easy to scare off the birds with loud, careless stomping. The guides are very knowledgeable about penguin life, and will answer any question you ask.
Penneshaw Penguin Centre Travel Tips
- Booking is recommended, as group sizes are limited.
- Flash photography not allowed.
- There is a car park.
Entrance Ticket Details For Penneshaw Penguin Centre
- Prices of tours may change depending on season. Check the website for updated times.
- AUD 10 for concession categories. Ask to see whether you apply.
- AUD 35 for families.
Penneshaw Penguin Centre Hours
- Tours are at 8pm and 9pm.
- Times of tours may change depending on season. Check the website for updated times.
How to Reach Penneshaw Penguin Centre
- You can walk or drive to the centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Penneshaw before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Penneshaw and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Penneshaw include Penneshaw Penguin Centre in their plan
8 PM - 9 PM
58.82% of people start their Penneshaw Penguin Centre visit around 8 PM - 9 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Penneshaw Penguin Centre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Penneshaw Penguin Centre
People normally also visit Hog Bay Beach Penneshaw while planning their trip to Penneshaw Penguin Centre.