Penneshaw Penguin Centre , Penneshaw
About Penneshaw Penguin Centre , Penneshaw
Penneshaw Penguin Centre , Penneshaw - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Middle Terrace, Penneshaw SA 5222, Australia
Ticket Price: 13 AUD
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 pm - 10:30 pm Details
Added 725 times in trip plans
Tour, Family And Kids, Bird Watching
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
There used to be many more Little Penguins on the island. Now, there are only about 15 pairs, a small colony indeed. You’ll have to book a guided tour to see these birds as they can be hard to spot. Even with experienced guides, it can take a while of waiting; the tours are conducted late in the evening because that’s when the penguins come out. Make sure that you are very quiet and gentle in your movements. It’s easy to scare off the birds with loud, careless stomping. The guides are very knowledgeable about penguin life, and will answer any question you ask.
Penneshaw Penguin Centre Information
- Booking is recommended, as group sizes are limited.
- Flash photography not allowed.
- There is a car park.
Penneshaw Penguin Centre Ticket Prices
- Prices of tours may change depending on season. Check the website for updated times.
- AUD 10 for concession categories. Ask to see whether you apply.
- AUD 35 for families.
Penneshaw Penguin Centre Opening and Closing Hours
- Tours are at 8pm and 9pm.
- Times of tours may change depending on season. Check the website for updated times.
How To reach Penneshaw Penguin Centre by Public Transport
- You can walk or drive to the centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Penneshaw before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Penneshaw and book an accommodation of your choice.