Cathedrale St-jean And Campo Santo Funeral CloisterCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 1 Rue de l'Horloge, 66000 Perpignan, France
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-468513372
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Family And Kids, Cathedral
This large Roman Catholic Cathedral started being built in the 13th century but only finished in the 16th (there was a lot of war). It’s architecture is Catalan Gothic. The highlights of the cathedral are:
- The various stylised furniture
- The main altarpiece
- The Pentecost hole
- The left side chapels of St. Gaudérique, Immaculate Conception, and Purgatory
- The Notre Dame dels Correchs chapel, containing the tomb of Sanch, the only Mallorcan king to live in Perpignan
- The Renaissance choir
- The right side chapels of Blessed Sacrament, Christ Chapel of the Pious, and a number of others
- The great organ (which is a historical monument) and the choir organ
- The 46 bell carillon
- Relics of St. John the Baptist
Close to the cathedral is the 14th century Campo Santo Funeral Cloister, the oldest building of its kind remaining in France. It has a number of tombs of nobles in niches in the wall – these carry decorative reliefs and sculptures.
- Disabled accessible.
- Buses 2, 3, 6, 7, 9 20 stop Wilson
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perpignan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perpignan and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Perpignan include Cathedrale St-jean And Campo Santo Funeral Cloister in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
32.56% of people start their Cathedrale St-jean And Campo Santo Funeral Cloister visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cathedrale St-jean And Campo Santo Funeral Cloister
80.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathedrale St-jean And Campo Santo Funeral Cloister