Chateau De Salses591 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 66600 Salses-le-Château, France, Perpignan
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-468386013
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Built in the 15th century by Spaniards, the fortress was famous for guarding the previous border between Spain and France. Its architecture is intriguing for showing a clear metamorphosis of style from medieval castle to modern fortress. It’s quite a popular destination – over 10000 people visit it annually. Today, it also houses a sculpture museum. Check out the large wine-store near the castle – all the wine here is locally grown.
Trivia: Nobel Prize winning author Claude Simon lives nearby.
Chateau De Salses Travel Tips
- Take the guided tour – it’s the best way to explore this place.
- The last guided tour is 1 hour before closing time.
- The tour guide unfortunately may not speak English.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Perpignan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perpignan and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Perpignan include Chateau De Salses in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
34.48% of people start their Chateau De Salses visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Chateau De Salses
94.56% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chateau De Salses