Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal, Perpignan
About Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal, Perpignan
Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal, Perpignan - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Place de Verdun 66000, Perpignan
Ticket Price: 2 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.9K times in trip plans
Museum, History Museum, Educational Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This fortress is one of the most important military historical monuments of the city, mainly because its architecture is unique. It was built in the 14th and 15th centuries from pebbles and brick and cement. There are two parts to the building – Grand Castillet and Little Castillet. For a while in the 17th century, both parts were used as a State Prison. Today, the museum is touristically important for two things:
- The view from the top of the terrace, which you have to climb 142 steps to get to, and
- Casa Pairal, or the Museum of Arts and Popular Traditions.
The highlights of the museum (which is a succession of small rooms from the first to third floors) are as follows:
- The flame of St. John
- A reproduction of The Last Supper
- Small exhibits on traditional life at home, cooking, religion, entertainment and agriculture.
- The Museum of History of North Catalonia
Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal Information
- Not disabled accessible.
Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal Ticket Prices
- Free for under 26.
- Free on first Sunday of every month.
How To reach Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal by Public Transport
- Buses 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 27, 34 stop Castillet
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perpignan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perpignan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal, Perpignan Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Roman Catholic Diocese Of Perpignan-elne
- Chapelle La Funeraria
- Chapelle Jean-paul Ii
- Paroisse Saint Mathieu
- Grande Mosquee De Perpignan
- Planeta Magic
- Le Complexe
- Les Senioriales
- Aspirant Leon Buffet Garden
- Cinema Mega Castillet
- Perpignan Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Perpignan
- What to See in 48 Hours in Perpignan
- What to See in 72 Hours in Perpignan
- How to Spend 5 Days in Perpignan
- How to Spend 6 Days in Perpignan
- How to Spend 7 Days in Perpignan