Le Castillet And Musee Casa PairalCurrently Closed
- Address: Place de Verdun 66000, Perpignan, France
- Timings: 10:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-468354205
- Ticket Price: 2 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, History Museum, Educational Site
Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal - Review
This fortress is one of the most important military historical monuments of the city, mainly because its architecture is unique. It was built in the 14th and 15th centuries from pebbles and brick and cement. There are two parts to the building – Grand Castillet and Little Castillet. For a while in the 17th century, both parts were used as a State Prison. Today, the museum is touristically important for two things:
- The view from the top of the terrace, which you have to climb 142 steps to get to, and
- Casa Pairal, or the Museum of Arts and Popular Traditions.
The highlights of the museum (which is a succession of small rooms from the first to third floors) are as follows:
- The flame of St. John
- A reproduction of The Last Supper
- Small exhibits on traditional life at home, cooking, religion, entertainment and agriculture.
- The Museum of History of North Catalonia
Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal Information
- Not disabled accessible.
Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal Ticket Prices
- Free for under 26.
- Free on first Sunday of every month.
How To reach Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal by Public Transport
- Buses 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 27, 34 stop Castillet
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perpignan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perpignan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal
95% of people who visit Perpignan include Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
43.38% of people start their Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal
92.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Le Castillet And Musee Casa Pairal