Le Petit Train JauneCurrently Open
- Address: 1 Rue del Fraser, 66760 Enveitg, France, Perpignan
- Timings: 05:30 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-800886091
- Time Required: 07:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Station
This is one of the greatest railway journeys in the world. Even though Perpignan is 50km away, it’s still the closest city to the starting point - Villefranche de Conflent, in the eastern Pyrenees. This metre gauge electric railway has been running since 1909. It’s route takes it through spectacular sceneries, rising from 427m to 1592m as it goes through mountains, chasms, valleys, forests and streams, villages and fortresses, and two great viaducts. It terminates at Latour de Carol. The most iconic sights on this trip are:
- Villefranche-de-Conflent – a historic walled city
- Mont Louis – another historic fortified city
- Odeillo – Font-Romeu – a small mountain village that ran one of the world’s first solar power stations. It is also a popular skiing destination in winter.
- Get off at Fontpeyrouse if you want to enjoy the hot-springs at St. Thomas (book at least a week in advance)
At each of the stations that the train stops at, it’s possible to get off, explore around, and then catch a return train back. Do find out return timings in advance though. The full journey to Latour de Carol is about 3 hours.
Le Petit Train Jaune Travel Tips
- Book your ride far in advance. In summers, the train is usually full.
- In March-April and September-October though, the train cars are usually half empty.
- For the best views, sit on the right hand side of the train when leaving Villefranche.
- There is car-parking at Villefranche.
Entrance Ticket Details For Le Petit Train Jaune
- Get your tickets for this ride online.
How to Reach Le Petit Train Jaune
- Get to Villefranche by bus from Perpignan; EUR 1
- Drive to Villefranche
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Perpignan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perpignan and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Perpignan include Le Petit Train Jaune in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
79.08% of people start their Le Petit Train Jaune visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 7 Hrs to see Le Petit Train Jaune
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Le Petit Train Jaune