Le Petit Train Jaune, Perpignan
About Le Petit Train Jaune, Perpignan
Le Petit Train Jaune, Perpignan - Address
Address: Villefranche de Conflent, France
Time Required: 07:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 3.5K times in trip plans
Scenic Drive, Family And Kids, Adventure, Train Ride
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is one of the greatest railway journeys in the world. Even though Perpignan is 50km away, it’s still the closest city to the starting point - Villefranche de Conflent, in the eastern Pyrenees. This metre gauge electric railway has been running since 1909. It’s route takes it through spectacular sceneries, rising from 427m to 1592m as it goes through mountains, chasms, valleys, forests and streams, villages and fortresses, and two great viaducts. It terminates at Latour de Carol. The most iconic sights on this trip are:
- Villefranche-de-Conflent – a historic walled city
- Mont Louis – another historic fortified city
- Odeillo – Font-Romeu – a small mountain village that ran one of the world’s first solar power stations. It is also a popular skiing destination in winter.
- Get off at Fontpeyrouse if you want to enjoy the hot-springs at St. Thomas (book at least a week in advance)
At each of the stations that the train stops at, it’s possible to get off, explore around, and then catch a return train back. Do find out return timings in advance though. The full journey to Latour de Carol is about 3 hours.
Le Petit Train Jaune Information
- Book your ride far in advance. In summers, the train is usually full.
- In March-April and September-October though, the train cars are usually half empty.
- For the best views, sit on the right hand side of the train when leaving Villefranche.
- There is car-parking at Villefranche.
Le Petit Train Jaune Ticket Prices
- Get your tickets for this ride online.
How To reach Le Petit Train Jaune by Public Transport
- Get to Villefranche by bus from Perpignan; EUR 1
- Drive to Villefranche
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perpignan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perpignan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Le Petit Train Jaune, Perpignan Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Paroisse Saint Mathieu
- Roman Catholic Diocese Of Perpignan-elne
- Grande Mosquee De Perpignan
- Planeta Magic
- Le Complexe
- Les Senioriales
- Aspirant Leon Buffet Garden
- Cinema Mega Castillet
- Avenue Du Reart
- Parc Des Expositions
- Perpignan Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Perpignan
- What to See in 48 Hours in Perpignan
- What to See in 72 Hours in Perpignan
- How to Spend 5 Days in Perpignan
- How to Spend 6 Days in Perpignan
- How to Spend 7 Days in Perpignan