Palais Des Rois De Majorque460 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 4 Rue Archers, 66000 Perpignan, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-468349626
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Palace, Family And Kids
King James II of Majorca built this magnificent Gothic fortress-palace in the 13th century. Organised around three courtyards, the palace is famous for:
- Its two lavish chapels – the Queen’s Chapel and the Holy Cross Chapel
- The Great Hall
- The varied stonework of the doors, corridors, stairs, armatures and the main towers
- The wonderful views of Perpignan from the castle
- The concerts that are held in the courtyards in the summer
The palace is also famed for the lavish gardens – the Jardin des Rempart – at its feet. It has lovely specimens of blue palm, bald cypress and water lilies. There are benches here, and they make for an excellent place to relax.
Palais Des Rois De Majorque Travel Tips
- Not disabled accessible.
- Pets not allowed.
- Tours – group and individual – are on request.
- It’s a bit of a steep walk up to the castle.
Entrance Ticket Details For Palais Des Rois De Majorque
- EUR 2 for 18 and below.
- Free for the age of 12 and below.
How to Reach Palais Des Rois De Majorque
- You may drive to here, but like the rest of the city, it’s best to walk.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Perpignan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perpignan and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Perpignan include Palais Des Rois De Majorque in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
73.24% of people start their Palais Des Rois De Majorque visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Palais Des Rois De Majorque
85.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palais Des Rois De Majorque