Palais Des Rois De Majorque, Perpignan
About Palais Des Rois De Majorque, Perpignan
Palais Des Rois De Majorque, Perpignan - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 4 Rue Archers, 66000 Perpignan, France
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.4K times in trip plans
Palace, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
King James II of Majorca built this magnificent Gothic fortress-palace in the 13th century. Organised around three courtyards, the palace is famous for:
- Its two lavish chapels – the Queen’s Chapel and the Holy Cross Chapel
- The Great Hall
- The varied stonework of the doors, corridors, stairs, armatures and the main towers
- The wonderful views of Perpignan from the castle
- The concerts that are held in the courtyards in the summer
The palace is also famed for the lavish gardens – the Jardin des Rempart – at its feet. It has lovely specimens of blue palm, bald cypress and water lilies. There are benches here, and they make for an excellent place to relax.
Palais Des Rois De Majorque Information
- Not disabled accessible.
- Pets not allowed.
- Tours – group and individual – are on request.
- It’s a bit of a steep walk up to the castle.
Palais Des Rois De Majorque Ticket Prices
- EUR 2 for 18 and below.
- Free for the age of 12 and below.
How To reach Palais Des Rois De Majorque by Public Transport
- You may drive to here, but like the rest of the city, it’s best to walk.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perpignan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perpignan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palais Des Rois De Majorque, Perpignan Reviews - Write a Review
I like how empty and spacious the castle remains. Feels zen. Great views over the town too
Not sure its the top place in Perpignan to visit, but a really interesting spot. The building is incredible, but there is nothing else to look at.
Sorry to say this as France is a beautiful country but none of us liked Perpignan. The centre of the city is run-down and dirty. The palace is nothin to write home about compared to all the other castles and cathedrals we have visited in this part of France.
Must be visited if you are around Perpignan. There are beautiful views and it is nice to see how well conserved the castle is.
It is a waste of time. The palace did not have any decor not furniture it is just an old ruin.
- Nearby Attractions
- Grande Mosquee De Perpignan
- Planeta Magic
- Le Complexe
- Les Senioriales
- Aspirant Leon Buffet Garden
- Cinema Mega Castillet
- Avenue Du Reart
- Parc Des Expositions
- Palais Des Rois De Majorque
- Centre De Loisirs
- Perpignan Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Perpignan
- What to See in 48 Hours in Perpignan
- What to See in 72 Hours in Perpignan
- How to Spend 5 Days in Perpignan
- How to Spend 6 Days in Perpignan
- How to Spend 7 Days in Perpignan