Palais Des Rois De MajorqueCurrently Closed
- Address: 4 Rue Archers, 66000 Perpignan, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-468346493
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Palace, Family And Kids
Palais Des Rois De Majorque - Review
King James II of Majorca built this magnificent Gothic fortress-palace in the 13th century. Organised around three courtyards, the palace is famous for:
- Its two lavish chapels – the Queen’s Chapel and the Holy Cross Chapel
- The Great Hall
- The varied stonework of the doors, corridors, stairs, armatures and the main towers
- The wonderful views of Perpignan from the castle
- The concerts that are held in the courtyards in the summer
The palace is also famed for the lavish gardens – the Jardin des Rempart – at its feet. It has lovely specimens of blue palm, bald cypress and water lilies. There are benches here, and they make for an excellent place to relax.
Palais Des Rois De Majorque Information
- Not disabled accessible.
- Pets not allowed.
- Tours – group and individual – are on request.
- It’s a bit of a steep walk up to the castle.
Palais Des Rois De Majorque Ticket Prices
- EUR 2 for 18 and below.
- Free for the age of 12 and below.
How To reach Palais Des Rois De Majorque by Public Transport
- You may drive to here, but like the rest of the city, it’s best to walk.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perpignan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perpignan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Palais Des Rois De Majorque
95% of people who visit Perpignan include Palais Des Rois De Majorque in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
73.24% of people start their Palais Des Rois De Majorque visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Palais Des Rois De Majorque
85.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palais Des Rois De Majorque
Palais Des Rois De Majorque Trips
Palais Des Rois De Majorque, Perpignan Reviews
I went on a Saturday (around noon) and it was empty! I had the place to myself pretty much. The staff here is great and very helpful. The palace itself is stunning and I recommend going into every room and exploring all its levels!
Interesting historically but mostly a bare structure with any adornments that a palace must have had. Nice views fron the upper levels and the tower.
Amazingly well preserved. Shame about the beer room exhibition which spoilt the feel. Easy to get around and very interesting. Limited info when you are there about the place so do hit of reading first.
Lovely medieval palace but a bit out of the way in Perpignan and stark inside. Worth visiting if you are staying several days in the city but not just one day.
Great place to visit if someone likes the castles and history, I do love so it was pleasure.