Aquarium Of Western AustraliaCurrently Closed
- Address: Hillary's Boat Harbour 91 Southside Dr, Hillarys WA 6025, Australia, Perth
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-894477500
- Ticket Price: 29 AUD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Aquarium, Family And Kids
The Aquarium of Western Australia (AQWA) has over 40 exhibits comprising marine life from the entire coast of Australia. The Aquarium is home to one of the largest living coral reef exhibits in the world. The aquarium is divided into 5 coastal regions and other activity areas that mimic the aquatic life from different regions. There are so many exciting things to see and do as you take a journey through the stunning underwater life of one of the richest marine habitats.
- Great Southern Coast- Watch the beautiful sea-dragons and pineapple fish from the Southern Ocean as they swim lazily.
- Shipwreck Coast- It comprises Australia’s largest walk through aquarium with sharks, stingrays, sea turtles and several beautiful fish.
- Perth Coast- Admire the mesmerising coral reefs and look upon moon jellyfish and octopi.
- Far North Coast- Beautiful tropical display with a chance to see crocodiles up close.
- AQWA Dangerzone- A deadly mix of marine creatures that are poisonous and lethal.
- Marmion Marine Park- Here you can get up close and even interact with some animals at the touch pool.
- Underwater Gallery- Gaze upon the living coral and head to the bottom of the sea and explore within the gallery itself.
The Aquarium also has numerous adventure activities. Experienced and adventurous people can go diving with the sharks and stingrays, amateurs can go reef walking and families can opt to go on a whale watching expedition. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Perth Itinerary 7 Days.
- Children 15 years or under must be accompanied by a responsible adult, parent or guardian.
- Concession - $21.00; Child (ages 4 to 15 years) - $17.00; Child (under 4 years) - Free; Family (2 adults and 2 children)- $79.00.
- Nearest bust stop is West Coast Drive Before St. Helier Drive.
- Nearest train station is Warwick Station on the Joondalup Line.
- Jetty’s Restaurant
- Bella Fonte’s
- Sorento Beach Shack
- The Breakwater
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perth and book an accommodation of your choice.
55.26% of people who visit Perth include Aquarium Of Western Australia in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
58.16% of people start their Aquarium Of Western Australia visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Aquarium Of Western Australia
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Aquarium Of Western Australia
Nice aquarium with a good selection of aquatic life. Not a huge place but definitely worth visting. Like most aquariums it will cost a bit for a family but splurge, make a day of it and enjoy some lunch (& a swim) next door at Hillarys Boat Harbour
Its unique. My teens enjoyed the viewing and the quizzes along the way but it was over too soon. Then the gift shop didn't cater to boys between the ages of 8 and 18 unless they wanted clothes. The lass in the gift shop was great and took the time to help my son decide on something to buy, he ended up getting a glass ship in a bottle that has pride of place in his room. The café was great and the staff were very helpful.
An exquisite experience for dining beneath the sea. A bit expensive for just a main course with an entree and dessert. There is all you can drink wine beer and orange juice though. The service is very good. Attentive waiter. However the arrangement can be improved. The event started at seven but quite a lot of people arrived fifteen minutes earlier. Not able to go in and outside was quite chilly. We then spent half an hour on the entrance level so you can browse around with some drinks and canapés. When we finally get to sit down, the wait between entree and main course was a whole hour. Two waiters served all tables, and he walked back and forth with the courses for a table. It took him fifteen minutes to serve up all the plates. The first table probably finished their dishes while the last table just had their plate up. We end up leaving early without having dessert.
Very nice place for kids interested in the sea. Unfortunately my 3yo was a bit afraid of everything. It takes about 1-2h to go around the whole place so it's a nice place to go if you bring a picnic. Has some outdoor areas so recommend you go when the weather is nice. Also close to Hilary's.
This is a great learning opportunity for everyone, even the locals. If you actually spend the time to read the information around each tank you will certainly leave with a greater respect for our beautiful but very frail oceans. If you truly make the most of it you could easily be here for 4 hours.