Aquarium Of Western AustraliaCurrently Closed
- Address: Hillary's Boat Harbour 91 Southside Dr, Hillarys WA 6025, Australia, Perth
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-894477500
- Ticket Price: 29 AUD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Aquarium, Family And Kids
The Aquarium of Western Australia (AQWA) has over 40 exhibits comprising marine life from the entire coast of Australia. The Aquarium is home to one of the largest living coral reef exhibits in the world. The aquarium is divided into 5 coastal regions and other activity areas that mimic the aquatic life from different regions. There are so many exciting things to see and do as you take a journey through the stunning underwater life of one of the richest marine habitats.
- Great Southern Coast- Watch the beautiful sea-dragons and pineapple fish from the Southern Ocean as they swim lazily.
- Shipwreck Coast- It comprises Australia’s largest walk through aquarium with sharks, stingrays, sea turtles and several beautiful fish.
- Perth Coast- Admire the mesmerising coral reefs and look upon moon jellyfish and octopi.
- Far North Coast- Beautiful tropical display with a chance to see crocodiles up close.
- AQWA Dangerzone- A deadly mix of marine creatures that are poisonous and lethal.
- Marmion Marine Park- Here you can get up close and even interact with some animals at the touch pool.
- Underwater Gallery- Gaze upon the living coral and head to the bottom of the sea and explore within the gallery itself.
The Aquarium also has numerous adventure activities. Experienced and adventurous people can go diving with the sharks and stingrays, amateurs can go reef walking and families can opt to go on a whale watching expedition. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Perth Itinerary 7 Days.
- Children 15 years or under must be accompanied by a responsible adult, parent or guardian.
- Concession - $21.00; Child (ages 4 to 15 years) - $17.00; Child (under 4 years) - Free; Family (2 adults and 2 children)- $79.00.
- Nearest bust stop is West Coast Drive Before St. Helier Drive.
- Nearest train station is Warwick Station on the Joondalup Line.
- Jetty’s Restaurant
- Bella Fonte’s
- Sorento Beach Shack
- The Breakwater
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perth and book an accommodation of your choice.
54.67% of people who visit Perth include Aquarium Of Western Australia in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
58.16% of people start their Aquarium Of Western Australia visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Aquarium Of Western Australia
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Aquarium Of Western Australia
The place is in need of a bit of updating but the kids loved it. I found an hour was enough to go round the premises and some so the entrance fee I find a bit on the steep side ($79 for our family of 2 adult s and 2 children). But it is a change and it's a good way to get the kids interested in marine life.
Busy but it was still do-able with prams. Would leave pram behind next time if in peak season. Mermaids weren't swimming when we visited, busy painting arms. Webpage suggested they were swimming from 11 until 2... Alas not all that time. Not much of a problem for our family tho as there was plenty for kids to see and experience.
Great place but isn't what it use to be! They moved a ton of coral from the main aquarium and the prices are fairly high for what it is. I feel like this place has been let down over the past couple of years. All in this place is amazing to go to once but I feel its not something you would go back to very often once you have seen it all once. Then even removed touch pools and countless other areas ☹
Great place, so much to learn and see. We went over the weekend, it was slightly crowded. But nothing less exciting. They have activities for kids and goodies for some extra $$. Definitely worth a visit, but I would suggest to check for details and activities in their website.
The best part of the aquarium is the underwater tunnel. It allows you to see The sharks, rays and other fish from close proximity. I think it is next best thing to actually swimming with the fish if possible.