Perth Zoo, Perth
About Perth Zoo, Perth
Perth Zoo, Perth - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 20 Labouchere Rd, South Perth WA 6151, Australia
Ticket Price: 27 AUD
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 19.6K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Zoo, Educational Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Nature, Bird Watching
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Filled with wildlife from around the world, the Perth Zoo is a must visit if one is ever in the city. The greenery and almost natural surroundings offer visitors a chance to observe the animals at close quarters. It is a fun trip for families and wild life enthusiasts. The various attractions at the zoo include:
- Australian Bushwalk: A chance to see koalas, red kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and the Tasmanian devils.
- Australian Wetlands: Admire the native wildlife like frogs, crocodiles and local birds.
- Nocturnal House: This where the creepy crawlies are, see spiders, reptiles and lost more.
- Reptile Encounter: An encounter with native snakes and lizards.
- Penguin Plunge: An enclosure comprising a 50,000-litre pool and a beach where you can observe penguins.
- African Savannah: Feed giraffes or watch rhinos and lions laze and cheetah get up to their antics.
- Animals of the Americas: Get up close with a rare Galapagos tortoise and other American wildlife like marmosets, alligators and macaws.
- Asian Rainforest: Home to the Asian Elephants, Orang-utans, Komodo dragons and sun bears.
Visitors to the zoo can also get a chance to see the botanic area of the zoo with several plants and trees that are being conserved here. The zoo is open on all days and in fact has never been closed since it opened its doors in 1898!
Perth Zoo Information
- Do not touch, disturb or feed any animal in the Zoo or throw any object into their enclosures.
- Do not bring any toys or sporting equipment to the zoo.
- Smoking is not permitted on the zoo premises.
- All young children must be supervised throughout their visit.
Perth Zoo Ticket Prices
- Children - $13.00 AUD; Concessions- $21.00 AUD; Students/Seniors- $21.00 AUD.
How To reach Perth Zoo by Public Transport
- Nearest bust stop is Labouchere Rd Perth Zoo on bus routs 30 and 31.
- Nearest Train Station is Esplanade Station take a bus from there.
- You can also take ferry across the Swan River from Barrack Street Jetty to Mends Street Jetty and walk from there.
Restaurants Near Perth Zoo
- Ciao Italia
- The Windsor
- Sopranos Pizzeria Ristorante
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Perth Zoo, Perth Reviews - Write a Review
Perth zoo would have to one of the best in the world. My daughters live it so much that it is hard to get them to leave. It is a fantastic family day out that won't cost you the earth.
A great place but it's usually too expensive for a normal family, so it's consistently eerily quiet and too boring for the docents and the visitors; hence its important messages and lessons get negligible circulation. The five days each year when the prices become reasonable however are uncomfortably crowded and noisy, so the messages and lessons get drowned out. Given all the state money it receives, Western Australians deserve to enjoy this ivory tower regularly but can't until the price gets justifiable or the memberships add a concession price.
We love this place. We are zoo friends members. It's a great day out whatever age and the zoo is well landscaped, plenty to see and experience and the animals are well looked after.
We LOVE the zoo. The animals look happy and relaxed, so we are determined to be supporters of the zoo too. They must be doing something right! Great place for picnic too. 🙌
An excellent and well maintained Zoo! 🦁 The animal enclosures are in good condition and the animals themselves seem content.🐦 The overall ground is large so there is a bit of walking. 🌲🌲There are snacks and drinks available but the price of these are expectedly high. 💰Overall a really fun and family friendly experience 🐨
- Nearby Attractions
- Pepper Lunch
- Target Perth
- Malaysia Hall Perth
- Indian Ocean Hotel
- The Coffee Club William Street
- Criterion Hotel Perth
- Kings Square
- Geographe Bay
- Saint Georges Terrace
- Swan Lake
- Perth Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Perth
- What to See in 48 Hours in Perth
- What to See in 72 Hours in Perth
- How to Spend 5 Days in Perth
- How to Spend 6 Days in Perth
- How to Spend 7 Days in Perth