Perth Zoo, PerthCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 20 Labouchere Rd, South Perth WA 6151, Australia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-894740444
- Ticket Price: 27 AUD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Zoo, Educational Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Nature, Bird Watching
About Perth Zoo, Perth
Filled with wildlife from around the world, the Perth Zoo is a must visit if one is ever in the city. The greenery and almost natural surroundings offer visitors a chance to observe the animals at close quarters. It is a fun trip for families and wild life enthusiasts. The various attractions at the zoo include:
- Australian Bushwalk: A chance to see koalas, red kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and the Tasmanian devils.
- Australian Wetlands: Admire the native wildlife like frogs, crocodiles and local birds.
- Nocturnal House: This where the creepy crawlies are, see spiders, reptiles and lost more.
- Reptile Encounter: An encounter with native snakes and lizards.
- Penguin Plunge: An enclosure comprising a 50,000-litre pool and a beach where you can observe penguins.
- African Savannah: Feed giraffes or watch rhinos and lions laze and cheetah get up to their antics.
- Animals of the Americas: Get up close with a rare Galapagos tortoise and other American wildlife like marmosets, alligators and macaws.
- Asian Rainforest: Home to the Asian Elephants, Orang-utans, Komodo dragons and sun bears.
Visitors to the zoo can also get a chance to see the botanic area of the zoo with several plants and trees that are being conserved here. The zoo is open on all days and in fact has never been closed since it opened its doors in 1898!
Perth Zoo Information
- Do not touch, disturb or feed any animal in the Zoo or throw any object into their enclosures.
- Do not bring any toys or sporting equipment to the zoo.
- Smoking is not permitted on the zoo premises.
- All young children must be supervised throughout their visit.
Perth Zoo Ticket Prices
- Children - $13.00 AUD; Concessions- $21.00 AUD; Students/Seniors- $21.00 AUD.
How To reach Perth Zoo by Public Transport
- Nearest bust stop is Labouchere Rd Perth Zoo on bus routs 30 and 31.
- Nearest Train Station is Esplanade Station take a bus from there.
- You can also take ferry across the Swan River from Barrack Street Jetty to Mends Street Jetty and walk from there.
Restaurants Near Perth Zoo
- Ciao Italia
- The Windsor
- Sopranos Pizzeria Ristorante
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Perth Zoo, Perth Reviews
Took my grand children to this quaint little zoo. Not too crowded with numbers just right. Got up close and personal to the beasts of the earth and marveled at creation and its beauty and diversity. The Perth Zoo also had a century old carousel that entertained the grannies exceptionally well. Did we all love the visit? Heck yeah to that!
I'm glad most of the animals have so much space, although still in captivity, but my major issues with Perth zoo is that they are missing so many animals and every thing feels super sad and depressed. Also, the entire zoo feels like it was designed by an animal hoarder rather than from an educational viewpoint. Most animals are barely visible from the viewing screens or platforms, I wouldn't begin to know how to improve while also keeping the animals happy and comfortable other than restructuring all walk ways to maybe be looking down on all the larger animals, rather than having to look around all the foliage and squint because it's always a hot day in Australia and the animals prefer to lounge in the shade at the very back of the enclosures. Because why put the shade on and near the public, they the paying public burn their butts off and frankly don't get their moneys worth.
A nice zoo that is smaller in size but has a good selection of animals in spacious enclosures. The gardens are beautiful and provide a lot of shade on hot days. There is a cafe and gift shop on site. Interactive experiences with the animals are available for an additional cost.
Great place to visit with kids. If you plan to visit often then annual card is a great value. Kids will definitely enjoy it. Talks and animal shows are scheduled through the day while you can get one on one with some animals for an additional fee. Overall really enjoyed it.
It was lovely to see the animals we did and the bigger enclosure for the crocodile and better enclosures for the orangutans however we were very disappointed to only see 1 Tiger, No lion's, No reptiles because it was closed I think you should be informed at the door what is closed and that you have only a few big cat's. Hopefully next time we visit they might of made the zebra and giraffe enclosure better bigger and more viewable. Cheers