Perth ZooCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 20 Labouchere Rd, South Perth WA 6151, Australia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-894740444
- Ticket Price: 27 AUD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Zoo, Educational Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Nature, Bird Watching
Perth Zoo - Review
Filled with wildlife from around the world, the Perth Zoo is a must visit if one is ever in the city. The greenery and almost natural surroundings offer visitors a chance to observe the animals at close quarters. It is a fun trip for families and wild life enthusiasts. The various attractions at the zoo include:
- Australian Bushwalk: A chance to see koalas, red kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and the Tasmanian devils.
- Australian Wetlands: Admire the native wildlife like frogs, crocodiles and local birds.
- Nocturnal House: This where the creepy crawlies are, see spiders, reptiles and lost more.
- Reptile Encounter: An encounter with native snakes and lizards.
- Penguin Plunge: An enclosure comprising a 50,000-litre pool and a beach where you can observe penguins.
- African Savannah: Feed giraffes or watch rhinos and lions laze and cheetah get up to their antics.
- Animals of the Americas: Get up close with a rare Galapagos tortoise and other American wildlife like marmosets, alligators and macaws.
- Asian Rainforest: Home to the Asian Elephants, Orang-utans, Komodo dragons and sun bears.
Visitors to the zoo can also get a chance to see the botanic area of the zoo with several plants and trees that are being conserved here. The zoo is open on all days and in fact has never been closed since it opened its doors in 1898! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Perth Itinerary 7 Days.
Perth Zoo Information
- Do not touch, disturb or feed any animal in the Zoo or throw any object into their enclosures.
- Do not bring any toys or sporting equipment to the zoo.
- Smoking is not permitted on the zoo premises.
- All young children must be supervised throughout their visit.
Perth Zoo Ticket Prices
- Children - $13.00 AUD; Concessions- $21.00 AUD; Students/Seniors- $21.00 AUD.
How To reach Perth Zoo by Public Transport
- Nearest bust stop is Labouchere Rd Perth Zoo on bus routs 30 and 31.
- Nearest Train Station is Esplanade Station take a bus from there.
- You can also take ferry across the Swan River from Barrack Street Jetty to Mends Street Jetty and walk from there.
Restaurants Near Perth Zoo
- Ciao Italia
- The Windsor
- Sopranos Pizzeria Ristorante
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Perth Zoo
95% of people who visit Perth include Perth Zoo in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
47.58% of people start their Perth Zoo visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Perth Zoo
94.34% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Perth Zoo
Perth Zoo Map
Perth Zoo Trips
Perth Zoo, Perth Reviews
Perth Zoo is a great place for a fun family day out. I usually just go with my partner or a friend so it's good for couples or small groups as well. There's a huge variety of animals to look at, and apart from the animals, Perth Zoo's gardens are absolutely beautiful. Facilities are well maintained and presented, staff and volunteers are friendly and informative. The only down side is that the cafe is incredibly over priced, avoid eating and drinking at the zoo if possible. You are allowed to bring a picnic basket or sausage sizzle, don't hesitate to bring food or drinks, but no alcohol. Perth Zoo is a great place to go for a day out, and I recommend it to anyone.
I love the Perth Zoo. It’s spacious and they really make an effort to house the animals in a natural environment. The grounds are beautiful with plenty of shade and seating. There are regular talks about different animals during the day, the penguin feeding is very popular! I enjoyed the walk through enclosures and nocturnal house. There’s an original carousel for the kids. You can bring your own picnic or purchase food from the cafe, the cafe has a good selection and is pricey but the proceeds support the Zoo.👍
We had a fantastic day out at Perth Zoo. I was pleasantly astonished at the sheet size of the area. Plenty of happy animals are well maintained in a natural atmosphere. Lots of benches and natural shade for seating. Lovely path walkways. My first time to see the sausage tree. There's a playground for kids, huge lawn to roll around or picnic.You can bring your own food or purchase from the cafe. I enjoyed our 3 hour tour. My grandson had a wonderful time visiting the animals. Female, and male toilets available and baby change rooms. Plenty of public and ACROD parking. Wheelchair accessible entrance to the zoo.
I love this place. So many animals, and all are very well looked after. It is much better than many other zoo's I have been to. A wide variety of animals. A good but expensive cafe. A great playground for the kids. Very well located in the heart of the city, and easy to access via train or ferry. Plenty to do and will keep you entertained for hours at least. My favourite bit, as always, is the nocturnal house. Please don't let your kids be noisy or bang on glass here though.
Location: 8min drives from Pan Pacific Perth Ambience: ANIMAL Food Quality: there is a cafe within the zoo, it is just normal. Service: excellent Money: $ - don’t eat, don’t buy, stay hungry Remarks: beautiful zoo! Get close up with some of the animals. Really great experience
All QuestionsPerth zoo
- Saint Bridget's Church - Celbridge
- Gallery Art Centre The
- M.D. Betting
- Irish Bouncing Castles
- Valerie Stephenson S Art
- Celbridge Library
- Daly Jarlath
- Christchurch - Celbridge
- Irish Cheer Sport Association
- Saint Molaises Catholic Church
- Westport Medical Centre
- Westport Library
- Paddypower - Westport
- Irish Federation Of Sea Anglers Connaught Provincial Council