Filled with wildlife from around the world, the Perth Zoo is a must visit if one is ever in the city. The greenery and almost natural surroundings offer visitors a chance to observe the animals at close quarters. It is a fun trip for families and wild life enthusiasts. The various attractions at the zoo include:
- Australian Bushwalk: A chance to see koalas, red kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and the Tasmanian devils.
- Australian Wetlands: Admire the native wildlife like frogs, crocodiles and local birds.
- Nocturnal House: This where the creepy crawlies are, see spiders, reptiles and lost more.
- Reptile Encounter: An encounter with native snakes and lizards.
- Penguin Plunge: An enclosure comprising a 50,000-litre pool and a beach where you can observe penguins.
- African Savannah: Feed giraffes or watch rhinos and lions laze and cheetah get up to their antics.
- Animals of the Americas: Get up close with a rare Galapagos tortoise and other American wildlife like marmosets, alligators and macaws.
- Asian Rainforest: Home to the Asian Elephants, Orang-utans, Komodo dragons and sun bears.
Visitors to the zoo can also get a chance to see the botanic area of the zoo with several plants and trees that are being conserved here. The zoo is open on all days and in fact has never been closed since it opened its doors in 1898! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Perth Itinerary 7 Days.
Perth Zoo Travel Tips
- Do not touch, disturb or feed any animal in the Zoo or throw any object into their enclosures.
- Do not bring any toys or sporting equipment to the zoo.
- Smoking is not permitted on the zoo premises.
- All young children must be supervised throughout their visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Perth Zoo
- Children - $13.00 AUD; Concessions- $21.00 AUD; Students/Seniors- $21.00 AUD.
How to Reach Perth Zoo
- Nearest bust stop is Labouchere Rd Perth Zoo on bus routs 30 and 31.
- Nearest Train Station is Esplanade Station take a bus from there.
- You can also take ferry across the Swan River from Barrack Street Jetty to Mends Street Jetty and walk from there.
- Ciao Italia
- The Windsor
- Sopranos Pizzeria Ristorante
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Perth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perth and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.66% of people who visit Perth include Perth Zoo in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
74.72% of people start their Perth Zoo visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Perth Zoo
94.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Perth Zoo
Perth Zoo Reviews & Ratings
Hi, I am guardian to a 20 year old lady this week, whom has physical limitations, though we would like to visit the zoo. Can you please inform me if there are gophers available for hire and at what cost. Thank you for your help LInda MladenovicAnswer Report Abuse
I would suggest calling the Perth Zoo on 8 9474 0444 for help.Report Abuse