Perth ZooCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 20 Labouchere Rd, South Perth WA 6151, Australia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-894740444
- Ticket Price: 27 AUD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Zoo, Educational Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Nature, Bird Watching
Perth Zoo - Review
Filled with wildlife from around the world, the Perth Zoo is a must visit if one is ever in the city. The greenery and almost natural surroundings offer visitors a chance to observe the animals at close quarters. It is a fun trip for families and wild life enthusiasts. The various attractions at the zoo include:
- Australian Bushwalk: A chance to see koalas, red kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and the Tasmanian devils.
- Australian Wetlands: Admire the native wildlife like frogs, crocodiles and local birds.
- Nocturnal House: This where the creepy crawlies are, see spiders, reptiles and lost more.
- Reptile Encounter: An encounter with native snakes and lizards.
- Penguin Plunge: An enclosure comprising a 50,000-litre pool and a beach where you can observe penguins.
- African Savannah: Feed giraffes or watch rhinos and lions laze and cheetah get up to their antics.
- Animals of the Americas: Get up close with a rare Galapagos tortoise and other American wildlife like marmosets, alligators and macaws.
- Asian Rainforest: Home to the Asian Elephants, Orang-utans, Komodo dragons and sun bears.
Visitors to the zoo can also get a chance to see the botanic area of the zoo with several plants and trees that are being conserved here. The zoo is open on all days and in fact has never been closed since it opened its doors in 1898! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Perth Itinerary 7 Days.
Perth Zoo Information
- Do not touch, disturb or feed any animal in the Zoo or throw any object into their enclosures.
- Do not bring any toys or sporting equipment to the zoo.
- Smoking is not permitted on the zoo premises.
- All young children must be supervised throughout their visit.
Perth Zoo Ticket Prices
- Children - $13.00 AUD; Concessions- $21.00 AUD; Students/Seniors- $21.00 AUD.
How To reach Perth Zoo by Public Transport
- Nearest bust stop is Labouchere Rd Perth Zoo on bus routs 30 and 31.
- Nearest Train Station is Esplanade Station take a bus from there.
- You can also take ferry across the Swan River from Barrack Street Jetty to Mends Street Jetty and walk from there.
Restaurants Near Perth Zoo
- Ciao Italia
- The Windsor
- Sopranos Pizzeria Ristorante
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Perth Zoo
95% of people who visit Perth include Perth Zoo in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
74.72% of people start their Perth Zoo visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Perth Zoo
94.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Perth Zoo
Perth Zoo Trips
Perth Zoo, Perth Reviews
A great zoo. Has a wide variety of animals, the path ways are clean and easy to follow, and a lot of effort was made to make you feel like you're not in the middle of a city. From the hidden speaker to the lush green plant life, you'll forget where you are after you walk around a bit. The in park food court is nice, tastey and kid friendly. The beef burger is a bit too small. Overall a great family experience, just make sure to come early, as you can easily spend a whole day there. There are plenty of places to stop and sit, water points and vending machines, and even a free shuttle if you're tired.
Medium-sized Zoo with a nice variety of animals, a nice Australian animal section (although the platypus is missing in action) and also a good Asian animal part. The African area's walkways can be a bit crowded though. Good place for a stroll with the kids for about half a day. A year long Zoo membership is cheaper than 3-4 visits, so worth it most of the time.
The zoo is great, the air is fresh and relaxing. However, the animals there are very limited and many of them only have 1 animal for viewing. There isn't much crowd there and it's quiet and relaxing. A good place for leisure. Just lack the atmosphere of a zoo.
A fantastic zoo with lots to see. Lots of great exhibits and information about the animals. Perth Zoo also does lots of conservation work which you can read about on different exhibits. If you see everything it will take most of a day. The gardens are beautiful and there are lots of picnic places if you decide to pack lunch.
Perth Zoo is a great place for a fun family day out. I usually just go with my partner or a friend so it's good for couples or small groups as well. There's a huge variety of animals to look at, and apart from the animals, Perth Zoo's gardens are absolutely beautiful. Facilities are well maintained and presented, staff and volunteers are friendly and informative. The only down side is that the cafe is incredibly over priced, avoid eating and drinking at the zoo if possible. You are allowed to bring a picnic basket or sausage sizzle, don't hesitate to bring food or drinks, but no alcohol. Perth Zoo is a great place to go for a day out, and I recommend it to anyone.