Rocca Paolina, Perugia
About Rocca Paolina, Perugia
Rocca Paolina, Perugia - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Corso Vannucci | Piazza Italia, Perugia, Italy
Ticket Price: 1 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 4K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Castle, Historical Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This castle was built in 1373 and was considered to be a part of evidence of Cardinal Aegidius Albornoz’s power and control. Major parts of the castle were destroyed in an uprising but its large walls remain even today and are visible externally. The best way to reach it is to go to the Piazza Partigiani’s underground parking and take an escalator from there. It is worth visiting for its remains and beauty.
The visit is divided into four sections:
- Era succeeding the construction of the fortress, late 15th to early 16th century.
- Construction of the tower.
- Fortress and city between 1540 and 1860.
- Destruction of fortress in the 19th century and annexation of Perugia to the Kingdom of Italy.
Rocca Paolina Information
- Disable access available.
- Audio guide is available.
- Perugia card is accepted.
Rocca Paolina Ticket Prices
- Children up to 6 years of age have free entry.
How To reach Rocca Paolina by Public Transport
- Bus 111, 114, H, I, TS
Restaurants Near Rocca Paolina
- Ristorante Altromondo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Perugia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perugia and book an accommodation of your choice.
Rocca Paolina, Perugia Reviews - Write a Review
It was nice. Has a feel of discovering a subterranean fort. Also a good way to get up into the city center.
If you love to this cover history and love Italy welcome!
Be sure to take the escalator into the medieval remains. Amazing impression of what a medieval town looks like
Fascinating of rather dark remains of a fortress. Quite a lot of interesting information. Well worth a wander
Historic place of perugia
- Nearby Attractions
- Palazzo Dei Priori
- Chiesa Del Gesu
- Saint Agostino
- Diocesi Di Perugia Citta' Della Pieve
- Cappella Di San Severo
- San Martino Delfico
- Studio Moretti Caselli
- Galleria Nazionale Dell'umbria
- Perugia Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Perugia
- What to See in 48 Hours in Perugia
- What to See in 72 Hours in Perugia
- How to Spend 5 Days in Perugia
- How to Spend 6 Days in Perugia
- How to Spend 7 Days in Perugia