This castle was built in 1373 and was considered to be a part of evidence of Cardinal Aegidius Albornoz’s power and control. Major parts of the castle were destroyed in an uprising but its large walls remain even today and are visible externally. The best way to reach it is to go to the Piazza Partigiani’s underground parking and take an escalator from there. It is worth visiting for its remains and beauty.
The visit is divided into four sections:
- Era succeeding the construction of the fortress, late 15th to early 16th century.
- Construction of the tower.
- Fortress and city between 1540 and 1860.
- Destruction of fortress in the 19th century and annexation of Perugia to the Kingdom of Italy.
Rocca Paolina Travel Tips
- Disable access available.
- Audio guide is available.
- Perugia card is accepted.
Entrance Ticket Details For Rocca Paolina
- Children up to 6 years of age have free entry.
How to Reach Rocca Paolina
- Bus 111, 114, H, I, TS
- Ristorante Altromondo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Perugia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Perugia and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Perugia include Rocca Paolina in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
87.97% of people start their Rocca Paolina visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Rocca Paolina
50.22% of people prefer walking in order to reach Rocca Paolina