Are you looking for what to do in Perugia?
PLACES TO SEE
- Palazzo dei Priori: Large Gothic style palace build in between 13th and 14th century is Palazzo dei Priori. It stand right above the main Piazza facing the Piazza IV Novembre are a griffin, a 14th century bronze lion, chains and belonging all that emblems the victory of the kind over Sienese in 1358. It houses city’s finest museum, including Galleria Nazionaledell’Umbria (National Galley of Umbria). Visiting the first floor will give a view of a decorative main entrance leading to Corso, SaladeiNotari. Hence, visiting this palace will almost cover most of Perugia attractions name that you have collected from the Internet.
- Fontana Maggiore: The main attraction of Perugia is Piazza IV Novembre. Right at the centre of this Piazza stands a medieval fountain, known as Fontana Maggiore. Build in 1277 and 1278 by Nicola Pisano and Giovanni Pisano and made of pink and white stone stands as a symbol of celebration of Peruigia’s independence. Taking a walk around the fountain will show that it has 25 faces depicting saints, prophets, zodiac signs, seasons, events from Roman history and scenes from Genesis.
- Cathedral San Lorenzo: A Gothic hall church that stands at the north side of Piazza IV Novembre is Cathedral San Lorenzo. In the year 1490, construction of the church began. But somehow the work was left unfinished. You can make it out from the unfinished facades of the church.
- Underground Perugia: It’s an escalator build at the lower town leading to the 16th century old fortress, RoccaPaolina.
- RoccaPaolina: It is a 16th century old fortress, build at the south end of CorsoVannuci. The church was built on the orders given by Pope Paul III symbolizing the power of Papal rule. However, part of the fortress was destroyed after the end of Papal’s rule.
Below we have a list of things to do in Perugia and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Perugia getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Perugia with confidence.